To Just My Opinion

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 05:45 PM
William

To Just My Opinion

I do tip all of those people that you mentioned. You don't tip the garbage man, yikes. Just my opinion you don't have to go over board but you are suppose to have a heart. And when you get take out or sit at a counter YES AGAIN you tip. Glad you checked into this website. MAKING A BETTER WORLD IF WE HAVE CONVERTED A CHEAPY.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 05:51 PM
William

sorry just my opinion this was an accident meant to add this to your original reply. I must have been sidetracked I was tipping the delivery man yes you do that too. All in fun I hope you take it that way.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 08:54 PM
Jerry

You tip when you get carry out?
What, are you a moron?
Tip for what?

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 10:47 PM
lcuy

In my old hometown, everybody tipped the bag boys at the supermarket, especially when you had a lot of groceries. Not only that, in Hawaii we "tip" the rubbish men by leaving beer in a bag by the trash cans at Christmas. We also leave a $20 bill in an envelope for our mail carriers. I thought this was just a lovely local custom and now I find out I'm just a moron??? Damn!

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 11:17 PM
Jerry

You tipped those people because they DO something for you.
When you drive or walk into a place to get takeaway, what has someone done that deserves a tip?
That's my question lcuy

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 12:03 AM
Do-4-U

Takeaway people get your food and act as cashiers (they DO something for you) and that's what they get paid do.
Maids in hotels clean your room (they DO something for you) and that's what they get paid to do.

Why do very few people TIP fast food counter people, and many more people TIP hotel/motel maids?