Reload this Page >

renting a car thru priceline.com or hotwire.com

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Mary Jane

Hi, Have you rented a car thru either of these. I am leary of doing so, but have heard you can get the best prices. Please reply with your past experiences and hints.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 02:54 PM
thereuare

There is a site devoted to exactly what you are looking for:

www.biddingfortravel.com

Don't forget to check for bonus money under the "Miscellaneous" category.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 05:00 PM
Dora

I tried hotwire for a car last year. The price was great, it was just a hassle having to hotwire the car everytime we wanted to got somewhere. Just my 2 cents.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 08:47 PM
Owen O'Neill

I have checked prices regularly on hotwire.com for rental cars but always ended up getting a better deal by shopping around for specials directly on the websites of the major rental agencies. Have used priceline only for airfare and hotels (and got great deals everytime I used it).

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 03:38 AM
Sherry

I had wanted to try Hotwire for some time but was a little gunshy. In April, we were in Las Vegas for three days and we always get a car when we go there. So I decided to try Hotwire. I checked several other discount websights first. Then I went to the Hotwire sight. The price was $25.00 cheaper for the three days then any other source I could find. This was the total net difference after airport tax, road tax, etc. There always seem to be a lot of add ons to a basic price when renting a car. Anyway. I paid for the car and got the confirmation e-mail. It was with Hertz. We picked up the car at the Las Vegas airport counter with no problems at all. When we dropped off the car at the end of our stay, no bill. They will still ask you when you pick up the car if you want added insurance.