Reload this Page >

To Do in Dallas Area

Search

To Do in Dallas Area

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Beth

To Do in Dallas Area

Know of anything in this area to do? Fun stuff? Antique shops in the area or out of town? Any other must see spots or out of the way type places around DFW?

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:25 AM
xxx

I enjoyed the Stockyards in Fort Worth. Great food if you like good bbq!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:32 AM
AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

For the love of God, please do a text search before asking this question! This has been talked/debated about AT LENGTH and I don't think anyone here wants to rehash any of it!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Beth

Dear AAAHHHH-I've done the research, lived in the area, read the books. Believe me! I'm returning there and think I've run out of things to do. I thought someone might know something new or some place I had not come across. So, keep your opinions to yourself unless you know the entire story and want to be helpful!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:16 AM
xxx

Let's see now, AAAHHHHHHH, you bothered to log onto a question that said, "To Do in Dallas Area" and now you are upset that people want to talk about what to do in Dallas.
How dumb are you to have logged onto this question then? What did you think it was about? Hotels in Bali maybe?

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 11:37 AM
me

Beth, try

. hang out in the West Village and people-watch

. go to the Bath House Cultural center at White Rock Lake for a play or a tour of their gallery

. go to downtown Plano if you like to look at shops

. check out the enclosed building at the Farmers Market for Mexican handicrafts and furniture

. go to downtown Carrollton. There are a lot of old buildings and some unique shops

. the area around Harry Hines and Royal has a lot of shops in those corrugated metal buildings, mostly offbrand, discount... also see a lot of Korean shops in the neighborhood...

. etc, etc, etc...

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 12:02 PM
beth

Dear Me- Thanks for those ideas. You mentioned a couple of new areas I will check out. Know any towns 2-6 hours away that are interesting besides the usual. Been to Austin, Fredricksburg, McKinney...

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Nikki

Hi Beth,

I live in the Dallas area and just recently went to Caddo Lake for a weekend (about a 3 1/2 hour drive). Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in TX and has lots of cypress trees, wildlife and even a few alligators. Great outback tours or steamboat tours. Relaxing, beautiful and peaceful.

If you need more info let me know.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 01:18 PM
LiveHere

Canton (about an hour East) has a HUGE craft/flea/antique Trade Days. This month it is 10/31 - 11/6. Next month it is 11/28 - 12/1. It is a gas and certainly worth the trip! Wear comfortable shoes!

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 08:19 AM
helper bee

~

Look at the thread titled "Dallas must see and dos???" --- http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=1&tid=34372765&numresponses=52& start=0&searchText=dallas