Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

To Anaheim from LAX (Los Angeles International Airport)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 08:17 PM
Tracie

I am going to Anaheim in May but our airline (Canadian Airlines) lands in Los Angeles. How long does it take to get from LAX to Anaheim. What is the best way (cheapest and fastest) to do it? (taxi, bus,airport shuttle (cost?),public transit).
Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated!!

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 08:34 PM
kam

Hi Tracie, a pretty impossible question to answer because the time can vary greatly depending on the time of day. That said, I would "guessimate" about one hour plus possibly another half hour if there's a traffic problem. You can rent a car and be a real Californian (and it's a fairly direct drive from LAX to Disneyland) or you could take the Super Shuttle van from LAX to Disneyland. When you arrive you can make all the arrangements for the shuttle--they are the dark blue vans that are all over LAX and you can get information from the ground transportation person outside the terminal. That's assuming you won't want a car while you are at Disney to go anywhere else. Don't know the cost of the Super Shuttle, but up here in SF you can get it on the Internet--think it's probably the same in LA. P.S. There is no "public transit"--this is L.A., right? Hope this helps.

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 10:47 PM
Cali

I think the Super Shuttle will be about $40/ea. way to the Disneyland Area. You can also take one of the Airport Buses which go to the Disneyland Hotel and other hotels in that Area. They won't take you all over So. Ca. dropping off other passengers - just to the Disney Area Hotels. Think they are less expensive than $40 too. My Mother-in-law takes them when she goes to LAX. Will ask her the price.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 05:16 AM
cecily

Tracie,

I, along with all the other posters have assumed that you are going to Anaheim to visit Disneyland. However, if you plan to do any other sightseeing in the L. A. area, you most definitely need to rent a car. Public transportation is horrendous and the money you spend on shuttles and cab fares would be much better spent on a small car. This will provide you with the freedom to explore the L. A. area, which you will want to do as Disneyland can be done in a day. As for getting around in L. A., invest in a freeway map and study it before you embark on any adventures. The map will save you time, money, and keep you safe. Enjoy!

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 07:31 AM
Tracie

Thankyou for all the suggestions. Yes we will be goingto Disneyland, but I was wanting to avoid driving. I've never driven anywhere but in by own city which is small (Victoria, BC, Canada, appox.70,000 people). We were only going to stay 3 nights and spend all our time @Disneyland.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 10:49 AM
Cali

Hi Tracie, If you are only going to the Disneyland Area and haven't ever driven in a big Metro Area I think I would skip renting a car and take one of the shuttles/buses to the Disney Area. L.A. Area has lots of traffic and it can be scary to someone not used to much traffic. Have a good trip!!