Reload this Page >

Best Time to Visit Disney - Please Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2000, 07:29 AM
p thompson

Me and my family would like to visit Disney some time after August and were wondering when would the best time be to visit?

We are available to travel from September to November.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Old Apr 11th, 2000, 07:52 AM
George

We went in early November and it was great! It was not crowded at all, and we got right on everything.

Old Apr 11th, 2000, 08:30 AM
Joy in VA

I am assuming you are referring to Disney world in orlando. Great time to go! My fmaily has a time share & we have been to WDW for past 2 years the last week of august / first week sept, and crowds are less, lines are short, had fun! only thing to worry about are hurricanes (the big season is Aug - Oct) but WDW is inland & has only closed once for hurricane warnings, last Sept when Hurricane Floyd was threatening. also check out Deb Wills unofficial guide at www.wdwig.com for lots of details to help you get the most out of your trip!

Old Apr 11th, 2000, 09:00 AM
Melinda

There is sometimes a little crowd right after Labor Day as the people who have kids not in school delay their visit till then. I grew up in Florida and know that mid October is always warm and a real quiet time. When I waitressed we about starved as there were no tourists to support us. The above poster with the hurricane warning was right on about it not being a problem in Orlando. Just rain. Normally it is hot and sunny though. Have a great time. Disney is ruined when all you do is wait in lines.

Old Apr 11th, 2000, 11:47 AM
Lori

Late Oct/early Nov is just about perfect. We've been there in the early part of December and have not been able to swim because it was too cool by then. It's probably hard for people who go in the summertime to comprehend, but we actually were able to go on Pirates of the Carribean and Space Mountain etc. several times in a row with no wait.

Trick-or-treating in the Magic Kingdom is supposed to be a blast, so don't work around that date. Bring the costumes and have a ball!

Old Apr 11th, 2000, 06:54 PM
WCW lover

I also second the poster who recommended Debra Wills Walt Disney World website. The trip reports from WDW fans will give details on attractions and restaurants.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 11:24 AM
Karen

I went in later September and it was great. There were no crowds and the weather was reasonable. And all of the kids are back in school!!!