Tips for Phoenix in August

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 10:34 AM
Hilda

Tips for Phoenix in August

My husband & I will be staying at the Arizona Biltmore August 17th-20th. We plan on driving out to Sedona and seeing a Diamondbacks game. Any tips on "must see" things-to-do (restaurants, day excursions, etc)in Phoenix/Scottsdale or Sedona would be appreciated.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 10:41 AM
howard

Four suggestions:
1. Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesen West in Scottsdale.
2. Heard Museum in Phoenix, considered by many the best Native American museum in the country.
3. Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix(though the heat may prelude a long outdoor stay here).
4. The Pink Jeep Tour in Sedona--take the ride at sunset.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 01:35 PM
Karen

I ditto Howard's list with the exception of number three....too hot for the botanical garden, in my opinion. Why don't you take a city tour? As long as you are downtown, go to the Arizona Center, good quality touristy shops and restaurants, all in southwest motif...Rosson House, large Victorian mansion close by, walking distance. Your concierge can help find a tour group to take you around. You have chosen a great place to stay and in a wonderful area. Eat at El Chorro, Z Tejas, Coyote Grill...all very good and the first and last take reservations.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 06:11 PM
Harry

When you visit Sedona, make the effort to drive back to Enchantment Resort back in Boynton Canyon. Stop and have a drink there. It's not too long a drive but you'll have to check their website or call for directions.
The reason to make the effort is the awesome beauty of the canyon into which the resort is nestled. Secluded, beautiful. If you can spend a night there it's well worth it.
In Sedona itself stop into Tlaquepaque, the outdoor shopping area.
Lots of great restaurants in Sedona for lunch. Wish I was going with you.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 06:58 PM
Polly

Ditto to Enchantment. Go in the afternoon and have drinks and a snack in the restaurant. Enjoy the view on the patio.