Search

Tips for Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tips for Chicago?

I am planning a one night trip in Chicago during July. I would like to go somewhere nice for dinner on the Sat. evening we are there, but I can't decide where to go. I am considering Morton's, Gibson's, or Nick's Fishmarket. Can anyone tell me an approximate price for meals at any of these places? Any advice for my trip would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old May 28th, 2003, 03:49 AM

I had one of the best steaks I've ever had at Gibsons, plus it is in a great location for people watching on Rush St. I recall that prices were typical for a steakhouse, but not astronomical like some of the steakhouses can be.
Old May 28th, 2003, 07:32 AM
JVS

I agree with Cher-Gibson's is a good one. An average dinner with drinks and dessert should run about $50/person.
But also check www.zagats.com
Old May 28th, 2003, 12:53 PM

gibsonssteakhouse.com has the entire menu with prices. Hugo's Frog Bar is right next door and is a fun place to get a drink and people watch (you can also eat there and they serve the same Gibsons steaks). If you like carrot cake, theirs is excellent. Morton's is also very good and within walking distance to Gibsons. People will say the area (Rush Street) is touristy and I suppose it is but it is still lots of fun. I don't know how others feel about it but I do not care for Nick's Fishmarket. Being originally from the far eastern end of LI, I am extremely picky about fish. I think there is far better fish to be found in Chicago (Spring and Roy's come to mind). In addition, Nick's is in the Loop area rather than near other bars and nightlife if that makes any difference to you.
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:50 AM

Gibson's for sure! Great scene, fun area, good food with enormous portions (get the twice baked potato...size of your forearm!)