Tickle Pink or Ventana Inn? Help!

Old May 19th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tickle Pink or Ventana Inn? Help!

Hi All,
Quick! I need help! I'm making some last minute adjustments to my upcoming vacation because of the flooding in Yosemite and am switching gears and going to Sonoma/Carmel instead. The Tickle Pink Inn and the Ventana Inn both look gorgeous--please help me decide. Price is not really an issue; we're looking for romantic accomodations and some luxurious pampering. Thank you.
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:44 AM
stjohnbound

Sorry, never been to either but if price was not an issue my dream would be to go to Post Ranch Inn. It looks heavenly!!

Old May 19th, 2005, 07:25 AM

Well, the big difference, to me, is that the Ventana Inn is more remote, more rugger, more "Big Sur." I really like the place. And they have a great restaurant. You just can't beat the view. Except maybe at Post Ranch which is right across the street. I find, though, that the rates at Ventana are much better than post Ranch.

I've never stayed at Tickle Pink, but have been by there.
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:31 AM

that should be "rugged" not "rugger."
Old May 19th, 2005, 08:31 AM

I have stayed at Tickle Pink and it was very nice. I think the Highland's Inn next door is more luxurious, tho. They have a very nice restaurant there, Pacific's Edge that is a nice splurge place. HI has more amenities than Tickle Pink and their property is very, very nice.

I have only had lunch at Ventana, but love it there. It has a much more remote feel and they have an on-site spa if you want special pampering. I think Ventana would be very relaxing if you want to unwind on your trip. Across the street is the Sierra Mar restaurant that I would highly recommend. We had a fantastic meal there in September. Good Luck and have fun! ***kim***
Old May 19th, 2005, 08:36 AM

I have visited both, but have not stayed at either. Tickle Pink is adjacent to the Highlands Inn (you have to drive through it to get to the Tickle Pink) and it is is overlooking the coast line. It is a short drive from the heart of Carmel, so shopping and restaurants are close at hand. Ventana Inn had a much more secluded feeling (surrounded by mountains) and is much further from Carmel (45 minutes if I recall correctly) and not close to a great deal of shopping or many restaurants. I agree with the previous posting - Post Ranch Inn is my dream stay!
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:27 AM

I have stayed at all three hotels each being very different. Post Ranch would be my first choice as it is an "experience" and a memorable one but expensive. Ventana is wonderful, very nice rooms and a great restaurant, Tickle Pink nice but not quite the same category as the previous two mentioned.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 04:24 AM

The Ticle Pink is more a glitz-funk place where the Ventana Inn is understated elegance.
We stayed at both 4 and 6 years ago and the Ventana was more expensive but worth it. Less like a motel to us.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 05:33 AM

If price is not an issue, choose Ventana. If price is really not an issue choose Post Ranch Inn over Ventana. If you end staying in Big Sur, be sure to visit Pfieffer Beach.
-Bill
Old May 22nd, 2005, 10:54 AM

I've stayed at the Post Ranch Inn and I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Our room was small and simple, service was very good but not spectacular, as was the restaurant. The biggest thing going for the Inn are the views and surrounding National Park, which are FREE to the public. So why charge $1100/night?

If money is no object then it really doesn't matter, but for the cost of three nights at the Post Ranch Inn one can get two weeks in Hawaii, including airfare, 4-star property and rental car. The decision between the two seems like a no-brainer to me.