Alexandria Kid Friendly Restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Alexandria for a week with the kiddos--10 and 7. I am looking for ideas on restaurants. They are picky/basic eaters and I prefer foods with great flavors, ethnic, seafood etc. Somebody recommended Austins for TexMex. What are some other ideas?

Bonus points for restaurants that do take out. We usually get a place that has a dining area/kitchenette so that we can relax while we eat. (read--mommy gets a glass of wine without having to worry that the kids aren't rocking back and forth in their chairs or doing some other act of childhood hooliganism )

Thanks for any and all ideas!
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 10:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The good news is that Alexandria has tons.

In Old Town:

The Majestic Cafe - The food here is upscale comfort food and is usually rated one of the best in the DC area. You will definitely want to book here and now wouldn't be too soon.

Eammons - fish and chips. Who wouldn't love a place whose motto is "Thanks Be to Cod."

Union Street Pub - nicer pub food and some really good seafood dishes. They have an oyster bar.

Pizza Paradiso - excellent pizza but they don't do reservations and lines can be interminable. Might be better for take away to your hotel.

Nando's Peri Peri - Peruvian roast chicken and chips.

Rustico - great pizza, burgers and salads.

In nearby Del Ray:

The Del Ray Cafe - This place is run by the owners of a long standing high end french restaurant. It's a great opportunity for mom and dad to have something a little nicer but in a casual setting with a very suitable kids menu. Definitely book here. Also save room for dessert b/c a block away is the Dairy Godmother, home to real frozen heart stopping custard.

You'll also have a Balducci's and a very nice Whole Foods available, both of which have great prepared foods. There is also a Trader Joe's in Old Town.