Tickets for the Oprah Show

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Chicago for business in Sept. I would like to try to get tickets to see the Oprah Show. When do they open up for calls for shows in Sept?
Thank you
Old May 23rd, 2005, 05:14 PM

http://www.oprah.com/tows/program/to...getticks.jhtml
Old May 23rd, 2005, 05:49 PM
maj

Good luck. We tried 2 consecutive months at the first possible time they said to call and both times they were already sold out. We were told that it is unlikely to be able to get tickets unless you "know somebody who knows somebody". Would love to hear from anyone who has gotten tickets lately on how they did it.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 11:02 PM

If you check the webpage frequently, Sometimes last minute shows are scheduled, and they need people to fill those audiences. But it is unlikely it would concur with your specific dates.
Also you can wait outside the studio doors and if there are any 'no shows' they will let you in.

I went to an Oprah show last fall. It involved lots of standing around and waiting, and was much more of an all day affair then I'd anticipated!
Old May 24th, 2005, 04:31 AM
P_M

I met a lady in Chicago who had requested tickets 4 months in advance and still didn't get them. It might be too late already, unless you can get one of those last-minute cancellations.
Old May 24th, 2005, 05:54 AM

Watch the website to see when phone lines open. I got September tickets in August last year when I saw the phones were open. I called, called, called, called for 3 days until I got through. As the previous poster said, there's alot of waiting around once you get there.
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all who responded with helpful hints. Maybe I'll just watch on tv!
Went to NYC last year and went to Regis & Kelly. I wrote ahead for tickets and it was really fun to watch the show from the audience.
Thanks again for your help
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:59 AM

We got lucky last year and went to the Oprah show when my sister was able to get tickets that were available thru the Oprah website. They sometimes post an Email for last minute seats. (We also have tried for yrs with the phone calls and never get thru.) We had decided we would go, even if it was spur of the moment. She emailed on a Mon, got a call back that they had tickets for that Thurs....What a great last minute trip it was! We flew out on Wed.nite, Pricelined a nice hotel and stayed till Fri. night! Loved the show and Chicago!!
Old May 24th, 2005, 12:32 PM

I got 4 tickets for last September by calling in August. In fact, if you're going the calling route, they only take calls 1 month in advance, and shows for the next month will be gone in the first two or three days.

If I remember correctly, it only took one day of calling, but numerous calls before I got through.

Watching the show yesterday with Tom Cruise, I was a little jealous, because our topic was about as boring as they get. Oprah didn't even air one whole segment that was taped; it ended up on the cutting room floor.

The general subject was people who lead double lives. One woman was a secret gambling addict and one a shoplifter. Not that I'm complaining, mind you; the experience alone was well worth it!