Search

Ticket for NYC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:32 AM
Hal

Ticket for NYC

Saw this on another thread, but after over 70+ responses, no one answered the questions, so I thought I'd try at a new thread. Questions: Are tickets required for the Viewing Platform at the WTC site? If you want to have any type of debate or anthying remotely related (or not) to the WTC site please throw youself into the fray on the other post, I would just like my question answered. PLEASE JUST A SIMPLE YES or NO. Thank you.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:35 AM
ny

yes

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:36 AM
x

newyork.citysearch.com/profile/11634490/pal21

Try this link

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:38 AM
sandi

Ground Zero Ticket Information

Tickets are free and available on a first-come, first-served basis. They are good for half-hour time blocks and are given out in strict chronological order. You cannot choose a specific time to visit.

A maximum of two tickets per person is allowed; 250 tickets are distributed for each half-hour block between noon and 8 PM the same day or between 9 AM and 11:30 AM the following morning.

Tickets are available at the South Street Seaport Museum's ticket booth at Fulton and South Streets on Pier 16. The average wait for a ticket on a busy day is less than 20 minutes.

The ticket booth is open from 11 AM until 6 PM or until no more tickets are available for that day.

To prevent overcrowding on the sidewalks around the viewing area, visitors should not arrive at the platform more than 15 minutes before their allotted time.

Police officers stationed at the viewing platform will ensure that only ticket holders are admitted and that every ticket holder is given sufficient time on the platform.

Tickets are nontransferable and not for resale.

For more information call 212/732-7678.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:54 AM
Hal

Thank you to all, I appreciate you responses.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:16 AM
Respectfully

Thanks to all, especially Hal and Sandi, since you posted for me on the other "war zone."

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:54 PM
rqf

Groups of 40 are allowed on the viewing platform. Each group is allowed to remain on the platform for four to five minutes. That was the procedure when I visited the platform soon after it opened.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:07 PM
Donna

Yes, tickets are required. We visited a couple of weeks ago. We arrived at th ticket booth (at the Seaport Museum) right about 11AM. The (short) line on a Thursday moved VERY quickly and we received tickets for 12:30-1, giving us ample time to walk around the Seaport area and enjoy a leisurely lunch. When we arrived at the entrance to the viewing platform, about 25 people at a time were admitted up the ramp. I did not observe any 4-5 minute time limit. Everyone had ample time to visit, take photos, and reflect, before wandering off. No one was moved along. And, the next group was allowed up the ramp as most of the previous group had departed. Note that you really cannot see much from the viewing platform (you cannot actually see the ground or any recovery activity); mostly you gain an appreciation for the space involved and a fabulous view of the surrounding buildings, including the one with the American flag hung on the side.