Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Three Sisters Get-a-Way - where to stay close to Disney & Universal

Three Sisters Get-a-Way - where to stay close to Disney & Universal

Jun 28th, 2001, 09:03 AM
Tammie

Three Sisters Get-a-Way - where to stay close to Disney & Universal

My two sisters and I are planning a trip to Disney and Univeral on Sept 27 arriving early am thru Sept 30 leaving late pm. A lot to see in such a short time, I know. We will be renting a car and prefer not to stay inside of Disney. Where would be a good place to stay $50-$70 per night range? Which is better - Irlo Bronson, International Drive, or Lake Buena Vista? We would like a wide variety of choices for restaurants and nightlife. We don't plan on getting a lot of sleep, but do not want to stay in a dump. Amenities needed would be a pool and in-room ironing board (a must for three girls). Any suggestions?

Jun 28th, 2001, 09:21 AM
Mickey

There are Disneys and Universal Studios both in California and Florida. Why can't people write Disneyland or Disneyworld in their headers? It's a lot more helpful than just putting down Disney.

Jun 28th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Tammie

Well Mickey, I put my message under Florida. Sorry that you are so confused. Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Oh yeah, thanks for the advice.

Jun 28th, 2001, 12:45 PM
kam

Tammie, Even though you post it under Florida, that doesn't show up in the question. That's only useful for searching later. I was going to suggest Pasadena, but now I realize you're talking about Florida. Sorry.

Jun 29th, 2001, 10:43 AM
garyt

Tammie...C'mon girl...you're on vacation...the best place to stay in all of Orlando right now is at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal...the room cost includes your admissions to the parks, front of the line access on all rides, a really, really, cool pool, and your chance to say you stayed there...when you figure in all the wasted time you will have driving back and forth, the parking fees at the parks, plus your limited visit, it will be worth it to stay there...They also have special rates and you are off season, so check the web site...have fun.

Jun 29th, 2001, 01:17 PM
greg

Tammie,

Of the three areas you asked about LBV is by far the nicest and closest To disney. I-Drive is closer to Universal and has many many hotels and restaurants to choose from. Irlo Bronson is a distant 3rd in that it is a long way from universal and is very tacky and cheesy (I-drive is also but better location.) If I had to make a choice it would definitely be LBV.

Jun 29th, 2001, 05:51 PM
Celeste

My vote is definitely for the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal! Great nightlife at City Walk and International Drive!

Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:01 AM
Luiz H.

Hey Tammie,

I looks like you girls will be in a rut here in Orlando. It is a great city with lot of stuff to do. Are you interested more on the parks or nightlife? The tourist scene or the local scene? There is a website that I think will help you out a lot. They have hotels from $30,00 to 5 stars from $60,00. They also can hook you up with free tickets( but I think those would be though time share promotion )and they have a package that is sent to your house with coupons, are maps, dinner shows and clubs which is pretty cool too. www.theorlandowebsite.com

Good luck to you 3, have fun plannig your trip.
Luiz H.

Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:31 AM
TIMESHAREALERT

Tammie,

Do not bother with the www.orlandowebsite.com website. It is just a cover for another sleazy timeshare sales presentation. To the scum that keep responding for this website, advertising is not allowed on this forum and you are in direct violation of the rules. Do not fall for this scam there is nothing free on this website even the offer of free information has an $8.00 charge for so called postage and handling (What exactly is handling)?

BEWARE and Luiz H. and your buddies, we are onto you.

Jul 5th, 2001, 09:59 AM
MoebiusTrip

for more details than you can
shake a mouse at, see;
(unaffiliated with WaltDizyWorld)

http://www.wdwig.com/contents.htm

Search this Thread