Search

Three Days in Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three Days in Kauai

We are going to Kauai for 3 days in May before going to Maui for the rest of our vacation. Please tell me what not to miss on this island. We will be staying in the Poipu area and love to snorkel. Thanks!
Old Oct 24th, 2003, 12:13 PM

Be sure to see:
Waimea Canyon (and do some hikes - at least the Canyon Trail)
Polihale Beach
Hanalei Valley Lookout
Kalalau Trail
Wailua Falls

Eat:
Tidepools(Hyatt)
Cafe Hanalei (Princeville)
Gaylords (Kilohana Plantation)
Beach House Restaurant

Get the Kauai Revealed guidebook from www.wizardpubs.com
Old Oct 24th, 2003, 02:40 PM

Beetlekat
CajunStorm is right on. I also liked the vistas from the Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge. Kilauea Point is at the end of Lighthouse Road (Turn onto the road just past the Episcopal Church in Kilauea, then head toward the ocean until the road dead ends at the refuge).

Also, don't forget to look for the sleeping giant on your way to Princeville! ;O)
Old Oct 24th, 2003, 04:14 PM

If a helicopter trip is in your budget... do it on Kauai instead of Maui. Seeing Kauai from the air is amazing. I would also recommend a cruise along the north shore. While your up on the north shore keep your eye out for a little trailer on the side of the road selling Shave Ice...the best we had on the islands!
Old Oct 24th, 2003, 04:24 PM
bquarre

Plan a day to drive to the north shore and stop at Tunnels Beach, and Ke'e Beach for snorkeling. If it is calm, Hideaways Beach is also a goody. The far left side of Lumahai beach can be fabulous on a calm day too. Anini Beach is also a grat place to swim and snorkel. Leave early so you can get to Ke'e before parking becomes a nightmare. Yes on the Kilauea Lighthouse too. Great snorkeing around the tombolo (sandspit) at Poipu as well.

Old Oct 28th, 2003, 05:00 PM

So much to see and do on Kauai. We go a lot. I agree with all the above and would include a Kayak on the river and then hike to the falls for a refreshing dip in the water under the falls. Also, if you are into it, I've heard that the "movie Tour" is good but with only 3 days, you can't do it all.

Beaches: Kealia Beach outside of Kapaa is great along with the others mentioned.