Three day itinerary Newport, RI

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Alex

Three day itinerary Newport, RI

Can anyone suggest the best three-day Newport, RI vacation? We are from NYC, in our late 30th. and not on the budget. We are going there next week. Thanks much.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Collette

It is a beautiful area just to drive around. Of course you can see a few of the mansions, do Ocean Drive, some shopping on Thames St. You could also drive over to Little Comptom and go to Sakonnet Vineyard for a tour.. stop at Provender Grocery and get a sandwich there. Have a picnic at Beavertail Park in Jamestown, right over the bridge. I would also go into Providence ( about 45 minutes) one night for dinner. Lots of good resturants all over... have fun, wish I was there.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 01:45 PM
michelle

Walk the complete cliffwalk....it's just challenging enough, so proper footwear. Have lunch or afternoon drinks at CastleHill Inn, overlooking the harbour......hang out in one of their adirondack chairs. Get out on a boat charter. Visit a mansion. Relax and take in the scenery.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Alex

Thanks, guys.
Your advise is very appreciated.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Emily

If the weather cooperates, enjoy a day at Second Beach - great spot. Visit Purgatory Chasm on your left as you leave the beach. Drive into Fort Adams for some great spots to boat watch - Eisenhower House is on your left as you drive in - there are some great spots behind it to sit on the lawn and watch the boats, or fish if you like.Reserve a table window at Castle Hill Inn for dinner - you won't regret it! Enjoy!

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Sue

Went to Newport this spring and can't wait to get back! The mansions are not to be missed, you can buy a ticket that will allow you to see several at a reduced cost. The cliff walk is very enjoyable (especially at sunset).

If you like Italian food, go to Puerini's on Memorial Boulevard phone # is (401) 847-5506. Very un-touristy, reasonably priced, and GOOD!

Have a wonderful time.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Patricia

I'm probably too late for this trip, but I'd suggest the cliff-walk, tour of some of the mansions, Beaver Park, lunch or dinner at the Black Pearl, and maybe a day trip to Block Island--take the ferry out, rent bicycles and ride around 'til time to catch the ferry back.