Thousand Oaks, California

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2002, 04:06 AM
Steve

Thousand Oaks, California

Is this a nice area of California?

Old May 22nd, 2002, 07:19 AM
what do you

Steve, are you talking about moving there or vacationing? It's pretty much the north west part of the san fernando valley. I wouldn't vacation there.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 08:20 AM
Paula

It is actually in the Conejo Valley. It is a lovely residential area about half way between LA and Santa Barbara. It is home to many bio tech firms such as Amgen. It is a great place to live, but I would vacation elsewhere.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 08:52 AM
what do you

Man Paula, did I screw that up? I can never remember if TO is north or south of the Conejo Grade. I always thought of everything on the south side of Conejo grade as the San Fernando Valley but maybe I've categorized them wrong. Isn't Camarillo the first town north of the CG? Going south over the CG it goes Newberry Park, TO, West Lake Village, Agoura Hills, Calabasaas and Woodland Hills. Do you have to be in LA County to be considered San Feranado Valley? Ah, that might explain it!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 12:17 AM
Steve

No, not vacationing--just visiting some relatives! Might consider staying at the Hyatt Regency Westlake Village which I hope is in a nice area!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 08:07 AM
x

Steve, just like all the communities there in the valley it's mostly homes and malls. Very Suburban. Have family living in Westalake, they like it there behind their gates .

Hyatt has internet rates and $99 summer weeknight rates. Hope you get a good rate. Not exactly a tourist spot.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 01:11 AM
Leslie

Thousand Oaks is in Ventura County. Westlake Village, which is adjacent is in LA County, but both are in the Conejo Valley, not the San Fernando Valley.

The Hyatt is nice, but the Westlake Village Inn is the nicest hotel in the area.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 02:50 AM
carol

One nice thing to do is take Kanaan Road from Agoura Hills (next door to Thousand Oaks) down to the beach just north of Malibu. Go early in the morning and either stroll along Zuma Beach or head down to Malibu for French Toast, fresh squeezed OJ and cappuccino at a local eatery. Our in-laws live in Agoura Hills and on visits, we love to join the locals strolling the beach and walking their dogs in the early morning. A nice relaxing way to start the day.