Search

Things in New York

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2000, 09:39 PM
roman

Things in New York

I'm coming in New York for a first time,but my girlfriend was already there once. Can you give me advice what to do, see... together with her

Old Apr 1st, 2000, 08:51 PM
arjay

Ohmigoodness! what ISN"T there to do??? I would think...start out..just by walking....NYC is a "lovely" city. But you really need to bemore specific: Are you "into" local/national history? Arts? etc? Get specific and you'll find a wealth of knowlege here.....!

Old Apr 1st, 2000, 09:25 PM
Owen O'Neill

Give us some clues about your age, interests, budget and timeframe and it will be easier to make suggestions.

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 10:22 PM
NYC Guest

Take a ride on the Staten Island Ferry over and back. Beautiful views (you go right past the statue of liberty), on a nice day you can be outside, and best of all...it's FREE. A must.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 04:49 AM
Lori

I just took my 20 year old niece and a friend on a 3 day whirlwind tour of NY - they were first timers.
Day 1
LIRR
Subway
Top of the World Trade Center
Walk along lower Broadway to Battery Park
Fraunces Tavern (altho closed, it's still history)
South Street Seaport
Chinatown(saw me in action in the jewelry stores along Canal Street)
Lunch in Little Italy
Shopping in Soho
East Village - St. Marks Place
West Village and Washington Square
Day 2
TKTS at WTC
Macy's
Fifth Avenue
Saks
Rockefeller Center
St. Patricks Cathedral
Times Square - went nuts in front of MTV studios
MOMA
Dinner and drinks on restuarant row (46th St)
Broadway show -they saw Cabaret
Times Square at night
Day 3
Metropolitan Museum
Central Park
This should give you just a few ideas of what to do. have fun!

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 05:19 AM
Jillian

Well, there are a ton of theings that you can do in NYC... You could walk the streets, visit little shops, you could go to see a broadway play(they're excellant), and you could go to central park, museums(Metropoletin and/or Gugenheim), Visit the Yankees at a home game...and these are only the things that I can think of off the top of my head. By the way, if anyone sees this that has the monopoly piece "boardwalk" for the monopoly game at McDonalds, email me at [email protected], and I'll split the illion with you.