Reload this Page >

THE ONE THING IN KEY WEST.........

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 1998, 08:41 PM
patti

We're leaving for Key West next week -- our first time there. Although I've downloaded lots of info from the net and various BB, I thought some of you might have that "one special thing" you'd recommend we not miss seeing, doing, or eating. All ideas, wacky or not, are welcome!!

Old May 4th, 1998, 12:29 PM
McManus

Sorry you aren't staying at my rental house. Snorkel or scuba dive off Looe Key Reef. Maybe next year. We are on Summerland Key 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath deep canal. 25 minutes from Key West. [email protected] Also go to Big Pine Key to see Key deer. Have fun!

Old May 7th, 1998, 06:12 AM
gloria

patti -- we were just in key west on may 1,2,3 -- our first trip -- our big activity since we were there for such a very short time was people watching -- our favorite activities: we adored having breakfast at ricky's blue heaven in the bahamian village (on petronia)-- breakfast amongst the chickens -- what a cacaphony of sound!!!! -- also, in my opinion, the best key lime pie i had was at hammerhead brewery; tasty breakfast, but not a lot of food, at camille's on mid-duval; and really tasty carribean food at karumba's on lower duval; don't miss the fun sunset celebration at mallory square, starting around 6 p.m. each day -- you'll have a smashing good time!!! gloria

Old May 10th, 1998, 09:13 AM
lori

"The Keys" have always been one of our favorite vacation spots. We stay at Faro Blanco in Marathon and alway spend a day or two in Key West. The whole place is zany and we LOVE it. Anything goes and that's great. Try Louies Back Yard at least for cocktails on the patio, the Conktrain tour, Hemingways House and a snorkel cruise. You'll love the place!

Old May 10th, 1998, 09:46 AM
Jackie O'Fee

You are going to have so much fun!!! We have been three times now and simply adore it.

The food at the Half Shell Raw Bar was great last time we went. From my recollection it was near Lands End Marina. Just to say that Duval Street is very long ! We had accommodation right at the other end one year and it took a good 15 - 20 minutes to walk to Mallory Square.

The Sunset is simply to die for - get a drink at the Bar at the waterfront and just relax.