The Next Tango in Paris

Search

The Next Tango in Paris

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Next Tango in Paris

A couple of years ago in Paris, I took a dinner cruise down the Seine. The barge passed an area where couples were dancing the Tango outdoors, under the stars, and beneath colored lights strung over a pavilion. The tour guide said the dancers were just members of the public who often came there to Tango.

In all the goings-on surrounding the evening, I failed to get the location, but it's something I still remember and would like to do.

Does anyone know where in Paris this might be? I do know it was east of the Notre Dame and on the Left Bank (south of the river). I'll be going back in mid-September and would hate to see my Tango lessons go to waste.

Thanks,
David
Old May 18th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Learn to Tango by the Seine - What could be more magical than dancing the Tango along the banks of the Seine with the lights of Paris dancing on the water? Every evening, May through September, the public gardens at Tino Rossi Quai Saint-Bernard is transformed into a dance hall under the stars with couples dancing into the wee hours of the morning. Don't know how to tango? No problem - show up at 7pm for a free dance lesson. Still not interested in tango? Visit one of the three other amphitheaters to dance to salsa, rock or traditional dances from Brittany. Free to the public, but a hat is passed around for donations to help defray costs (a 2€ donation is appreciated). Metro: Jussieu
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

A reply in 30 minutes? Incredible! But, yes, cigalechanta, Tino Rossi Quai Saint-Bernard is the place, and yes, I will be there in September. Thank you, thank you.

Now, tell me. Did you write that reply or borrow it from a travel guide?
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I googled but lost my original piece that I wrote when my last PC died.
Old May 18th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

I'm sure it was nice. Thanks again.

David