Reload this Page >

The Michelangelo in NYC

Search

The Michelangelo in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 06:27 AM
Christy

The Michelangelo in NYC

We're staying at the Michelangelo for New Year's. We've never been to New York. Is this a good hotel? Is it in a good location? Thanks for any advice you have.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 09:45 AM
Patrick

We haven't stayed there for quite a few years. It was originally a big old hotel (the Taft?), but was divided up into some high end condos and the small, but elegant hotel section which has operated on a couple of names before being the Michelangelo. I am sure it is still an elegant and very nice hotel. Rooms were always very small and dark as most of them looked out into very minimal "courtyard" like spaces. I think it was the first hotel I ever stayed in that had a TV in the bathroom --and that was about 10 years ago. The location is great for theatre, and just off Times Square for the madness if you plan to be a part of it. I checked it out as one of many for an upcoming stay in early December but it is all sold out, as it usually seems to be. Should be an excellent place for you. Enjoy New York.

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 09:36 AM
Beth

My lawyer boss stays there on business trips; he has never complained and, believe me, it it didn't meet his standards, I would have heard about it.

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 07:55 AM
Christy

Thanks for the advice. If anyone has anymore, I'd sure appreciate it!

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 02:24 PM
Dona

Christy,

As a New Yorker, I don't get to stay in hotels here. But I have been the Michelangelo for drinks and the public rooms look lovely. It's a great location and, if the rooms are fine, I think you'll have a great time there...

Dona