Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

The Iroquois Hotel New York.Has anybody stayed there???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 01:31 AM
colin

My wife and i are planning a holiday in N.Y.C.in early November staying at The Iroquois Hotel.Can anybody out there give me anyinformation on this hotel egtaff attitude,room quality,dining etc.
Thank you Colin and Wilma

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 05:59 AM
Lori

I haven't stayed there, but looked it up on express-res.com and it looks sweet!
Look at http://www.express-res.com/iroq.htm for some photos and info.

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 01:00 PM
sam

colin
Don't know much about this hotel,but i found it interesting that you only got 1 reply,compared to 76 + morons who want to talk about what to do with hotel soap.I thought this was supposed to be a Travel site.

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 02:07 PM
hope

My husband & I stayed the Iroquois this past spring & really enjoyed it. The rooms are small(as is typical in NYC)but in my opinion quite nice--fluffy down comforter & pillows on the bed, marble bathrooms. The staff was excellent, in particular the consierge who was very freindly & able to get us a last minute resevation at La Bernadin(which we passed on--$80pp price fixe for us was a little steep!) Can't comment on the dining here, but you are close to tons of restaurants & the theater dist. I would highly recommed this hotel as long as you're not concerned with the view. For that, I imagine you'd need a place by the Park.

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 03:51 PM
JP

Le Bernadin is considered by many to be the best seafood restaurant in the country; it is all seafood.

Old Aug 27th, 2000, 10:58 AM
Grant

Hi Colin,
What can I say about the Iroquois Hotel, words fail to describe how good it is, hope you enjoy your stay their.

Regards,

Grant.