Reload this Page >

The Capps II Surveillance Program

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:00 PM
bonniebroad

How do those of you familiar with this program feel about it? Are you comfortable with the government having access to all your banking and credit records, etc.? For those of you not familiar with this pilot program (at the moment, only Delta is participating, I think), go to the TSA Homeland Security website, and read about it. I worry about my info getting into the wrong hands, and I doubt this program will stop a true terrorist. There are far more devious ways to accomplish their goal..... I've been googling, trying to find out the exact status of the program now, whether congress still may/or can intervene to stop it. I think it'll be about as effective in stopping terrorists as practically strip-searching poor old 80+ Elmer & Bessie from Podunk, Iowa before they board a plane.........

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 01:09 PM
GoTravel

From my understanding it is a voluntary thing for those super duper frequent flyers who would like to bypass security entirely.

If I were flying as much as I was flying a year or so ago, yes I would participate.

Old Jul 15th, 2004, 05:17 AM
bonniebroad

Latest on the program:

http://www.usatoday.com/usatonline/2...5/6367163s.htm

Old Jul 15th, 2004, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since the gov't currently has the ability to track my every move, I have no problem with CAPPS
In fact, I will be the first to sign up if it will speed up airport and customs security processes for me.
If people don't want to do it because they think it invades privacy, SURPRISE, the govt can track you many ways already, if they want to.

Old Jul 15th, 2004, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's dead!!!!!

What a waste of our money!

It's simple folks, if the airport security works, I don't care if Osama Bin laden is sitting next to me on a plane. What difference does it make? What will he do if he has no weapons, bombs, etc?

This was an obvious intrusion of the citizen's lives for no good reason. The program is dead and it's not soon enough.

For the poster above that states that If the government wanted to get the info they would. Well, I guess you are wrong, because they just tried and thanks to many many people and organizations they won't be able to.

As some of you know I work in the national security business. I was appaled by this program. I'm a US citizen first and one of the reasons I (with the help of my parents) actually came to this country and at some point took citizenship of this great nation was because the idea of government not having any information about me for any reason is a very noble one. We should fight for that right till the day we die. There is nothing wrong with a criminal investigator getting info on you if approved by a another party (judicial) and with some proof that you may be involved in some crime, but to give the government a blanket option of getting info on anybody and everybody for no good reason is a first step into a dark alley of freedom lost.

I'm also a very frequent flyer and in no way will I ever join the "approved" passenger program. It's the governments way of trying to keep this stupidity alive through the back door. I hope this fails as well. I'm innocent till proven guilty and I will NOT ask the government to declare me innocent before I did/do anything wrong. Just a thought for anybody that thinks this voluntary program will let you bypass security. No folks, you still will have to go through security, the only difference is that you will never get the dreaded SSSS on your BP. It's a pure blackmail by the government. If you give us stuff we want we will not wand you.

Stop this madness!!!!! NOW!

Don't give any more power to the government. What seems like an innocent law today, may turn into a nightmare for the average Joe later.