Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

The best waterfalls and pools - where are they?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 09:30 AM
Ken

I'm a fan of waterfalls and pools. The kind you get right into. Where are the best ones in the islands? The more secluded and less people the better....

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Duke

Which islands?
The Hawaiian isles?

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 10:22 AM
Thyra

Though by no means an expert on the subject many MANY years ago, our family went to the Seven Sacred Pools in Maui and it was delightful, it's rather a touris spot however so I don't know if it meets your criteria of "secluded".

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Pooley

Ken.

Your title is so specific, I couldn't help but think of the garden area of Home Depot.

Glug

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Ken

I'm sorry - yes! the Hawaiian islands!

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 03:11 PM
Ron

Ken..if you happen to be on Kaua'i..rent a boat or kayake and take it up the Wailua River,,at the first fork stay left,,at the second fork go right. follow it until you see a trail coming down to the water on the left bank..about half a mile in or so,,follow the trail up river until you come to a small stream, you will see a couple old rock dams with small pools right there, but if you follow the creek up you will come to a waterfall and large pool for swimming. It doesn't get any better than that!!