The Best Pool Area in Honolulu

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 06:15 PM
Rodger

The Best Pool Area in Honolulu

Help!! I really need to relax by a great pool! I love the pool areas at the Hyatt on Maui and the Hyatt on Kauai. Which hotel in Hololulu has the best pool area? Is the Hilton Hawaiian Village OK?

Old Jun 10th, 1998, 12:26 PM
Tom Burden

Hilton Hawaiian pool is very active, and not necessarily conducive to relaxation. Try the Halekulani (expensive) or the Sheraton Moana Surfrider (recently restored). Both are great.

Old Jun 10th, 1998, 09:16 PM
bex

For a RELAXING hotel in Honolulu(tho it isn't exactly in Waikiki ) try the Kehala Mandarin Oriental in the suburb of Kehala .Previous writer absolutely correct--lots of activity around pools at the Hilton Hawaiian; lots of fun, but not a quiet, relaxing place. It has 2 adjoining pools, little lava rock type waerfall, and little streams with ducks, etc surrounding the pool area- closest you'll get to, though not anywhere near as elaborate as, the Hyatts you mentioned.

Old Jun 12th, 1998, 03:39 PM
Ann

Relaxing? Get out of Honolulu - go directly to The Ihilani Resort & Spa. Best Hotel on O'ahu. Most relaxing pool. Clean, next to serene ocean, poolside service, fluffy towels, great service. Beach has lovely hammocks tied to the coconut trees around the sand.

It is on the West side of the Island a little off the beaten track - beyond well worth it - a must do!

OH! also they have a little used lap pool on the top deck of thier spa. I'd bet you would be the only one there.

Happy Lapping!

Old Jun 13th, 1998, 08:28 AM
Julie

Glad to hear that you like the pool at Hyatt Kaua'i. We will be there this fall...we also need some rest and relaxation. Prior to going to the Hyatt Kaua'i, we will spend 3 nights at the Hyatt Waikiki. Can you tell me anything about that property? Thanks.
Julie