San Francisco to Yosemite

Old May 28th, 1998, 01:36 AM
john

San Francisco to Yosemite

Distance and driving time please.
Presume Yosemite will be quite cool if not cold.
Have we missed the fall leaves.
Thinking of spoiling ourselves and staying at Awahnee Hotel.
Syayed there 30 years ago, is it still fabulous?

Old May 28th, 1998, 01:53 PM
john

Distance and time driving to Yosemite please.
Expect to do this end October, will we miss fall leaf colours.Presume it will be cool if not cold.
Possibly will spoil ourselves at Ahwahnee Hotel.
Is it still as good as ever ? Thanks.

Old May 28th, 1998, 02:56 PM
wendi

John: October should be a beautiful time to see Yosemite. The drive will take you about two and a half hours. The hotel is still there and probably just as beautiful as you remember but I'm sure a lot more expensive. Given the opportunity, I wouldn't pass up a chance to stay there.
Have a great trip.

Old May 31st, 1998, 04:30 AM
norbert de Zwar

Please inform me where to stay ore what too do when a visit your country in the hole month September.
I thougt to start in San Francisco and do a tour to the beautifull parks around.I will have the luxery or driving a carr.Butt still would like to camp with a tent.
Please give me some information and I reply all of the mail as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance.
Norbert.

Old May 31st, 1998, 05:23 PM
Polly

This response is to Norbert. While in San Fransisco, be sure to go across the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods...a beautiful majestic redwood forest.

Old May 31st, 1998, 06:24 PM
Dayle

If you go north of San Francisco, you can see the Napa Valley wine country, the beautiful coast of Mendocino and on up to the redwoods. Great camping and very beautiful. If you go east, you can visit the Motherload country (where the gold rush took place) and Lake Tahoe. Also very beautiful and nice in September. A little further southeast will be Yosemite Natl Park (a MUST SEE) and Sequoia Natl Park, biggest trees and amazing. At both national parks, bears are a problem, so be certain to follow recommendations about NOT keeping food in your car. The bears will rip your car open to get it. Both parks are wonderful for camping but you might want to get advance reservations. Yes, they take camping reservations! Also, south from SF is the Monterey Bay area, where there is a fantastic marine aquarium, more great scenery. Have a wonderful time!

Old Jun 13th, 1998, 01:14 PM
Nita

Our daughter is getting married Oct. 17th at 2:30 in the chapel in Yosemite Valley just across from Yosemite Falls - come join us. We've only seen the lobby of Ahwahnee - can't afford it for reception. Stayed at the Shilo Inn in Oakhurst last March - it was a good starting point for the s. side of Yosemite. It took exactly 3 hours from Oakhurst to Walnut Creek (northeast of Oakland) and about 3 and 1/2 hours from Walnut Creek to Yosemite Valley coming in from the northwest side.