Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving in New England?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 07:58 PM
Tim

I'm trying to surprise my wife with a romantic Thanksgiving getaway. Can anyone recommend a memorable B&B in Vermont, Connecticut, New Hampshire or Massachusetts? The rooms should be big enough to not feel like we only want to be there to sleep, nicely decorated and romantic (fireplaces a must, jacuzzis for 2 a big plus.)

Thanks,
Tim

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 05:50 AM
x

Randalls ordinary in No stonington Ct is perfect-they have suc a room. Better hurry though. if you have no dollar limit, try Mayflower in Wash CT

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 05:53 AM
Jen

Try the White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport, Maine or the Equinox in Manchester, VT. Their sites are:

http://www.equinoxresort.com/ - a little bigger than a B&B - but totally New England.

http://www.whitebarninn.com/

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 06:01 AM
Ann

Can't give you a specific B&B/Inn, but your description sound like many places I've heard about in Jackson, NH. Look at http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/nh/nhonsdex.htm
where many of these places have web pages. Have a great holiday!

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 06:02 AM
dougd

Another very beautiful place is the Marshland farm at Quechee Vermont. One note - this time of year can be tricky as far as weather. Ice storms can occur in late November in this part of the country. Don't let this stop you, just be prepared!

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 09:33 AM
Sandra

Tim,

Try the Maple Leaf Inn in Barnard, VT, 9 miles north of Woodstock. Lovely inn, in a wooded setting with wrap around porch. Our room was lovely, high ceilings, large windows, nice stenciling in all the rooms, our rooms had a fireplace, jacuzzi etc and included a little sitting area. The house looks like an old Victorian but was built about 5 or 6 years ago and therefore has everything. The Innkeepers Janet and Ken were great, after greeting us and showing us our room they served drinks and cheese & crackers on the porch. The first time they didn't have my husbands brand of beer, but they made sure did they did the next night!

Woodstock is also lovely and we checked out the the Woodstock Inn. It was very nice with all the amenities on the property including restaurant etc.

Have a nice holiday trip.
Sandra

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 07:25 AM
Nano

Tim,
Try Nellie Littlefield B&B in Ogunquit, Maine. We stayed there in June and it was lovely and right in the middle of a seaside town with fun shops and great restaurants. For a REALLY nice treat, take your wife to Arrows Restaurant in Ogunquit. It is FABULOUS!

Also, the Pomegranate Inn in Portland, Maine is wonderful too, or the Hawthorne House (B&B) in Camden, Maine. (We had a two person tub there!) All of the places I've mentioned are in great locations with lots to do and see.