Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving in NC/SC - Help please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 04:22 AM
Mike

I'd like to plan a nice Thanksgiving weekend with my wife in North and South Carolina (live in Charlotte).

Some possibilities include the Charleston Place hotel for a few nights and for the big dinner, or perhaps the new Ren in Charleston. But I don't think that we'd have four days worth of stuff to do there and I'd like to move on from there.

Any suggestions on places we could go either in NC or SC? We'd be driving and don't have to really see sites...just driving and appreciating what we see is fine.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 07:02 AM
xxx

There are plenty of things to do in Charleston for 4 days. Contact Sara Ragsdale [email protected] for the best walking tour, go see the outlying plantations, some of the best shopping in the southeast in in Charleston.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 07:49 AM
Gretrchen

Definitely plenty to do in Charleston for that time. You can go down to Beaufort also. Or up to Georgetown and the historic district of Pawley's Island is real interesting. Eat at some place in Murrell's Inlet--Russell's or Lee's.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 03:04 PM
Mike

Should have mentioned that I've been to Charleston around a dozen times. I've seen much of what is there, but still love repeating and finding some new treasures.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 10:17 PM
Lynn

Mike check out Camden. You can do it easily in a day or even 1/2 a day. It is about 20 minutes from Columbia and an hour or so away from Charlotte. They hold the Carolina Cup and have Polo so there is a beautiful area tons of trees. There are tons of historic homes there because the town is considered a Revolutionary War town (for lack of a better way to put it).
You could easily drive around Camden, you do not need to get out of your car.
A lot of people do not really know about Camden it is unique little "jewel". There is a Bed and Breakfast called The Greenleaf. I believe they operate a restaurant and a bar. Might be a cute place to stay a night or have a meal.
Hope this helps!

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 04:43 AM
Mike

Thanks Lynn.

I went to find some info on Camden on the net, but struck out for the most part. Here is a link for anyone else that might want to read up/learn about this town.

http://www.camden-sc.org/