Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving Dining in NYC?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 11:41 AM
DC

We'll be spending the Thanksgiving holiday in NYC (from the West Coast) and would like to make dining reservations ASAP for a Thanksgiving meal in NYC. We'll be staying in the Theater district. Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 12:08 PM
xxx

Spendy but very Holiday-ish, The Thanksgiving Buffet at the Plaza. Wa La!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Merilee

Fraunces Tavern at Pearl and Broad Streets usually has a very lovely and traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner. It's housed in the building where George Washington bid farewell to the Continental Army. (212)969-0144. Other places I can think of, and hopefull they still serve on that day, are Chelsea Bistro on West 23rd. It has a wood panelled room with a fireplace and it used to sell out early. (212)727-2026. Caffe Bondi on West 20th Street used to have a "If the Pilgrims had come from Sicily" menu, and there's a place called Kitchenette on West Broadway that serves the traditional fare and great pies.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 01:22 PM
AL

xxx: I believe the term is voila! not wa la. However, I think you suggestion of the plaza was a good one.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 01:37 PM
citysue

If you want a fabulous view, there's the rotating restaurant (aptly named The View)in the Marriott Marquis. They are offering a Thanksgiving Buffet. Honestly, the food will probably be mediocre but you'll never forget the view.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Duane

We had Thanksgiving dinner last year at Rockefeller Center. It was at the Sea (something). Forget the whole name. Good food right next to the skating rink.
Duane

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 04:57 PM
xxx

The Sea Grill

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 05:07 PM
parade

Had dinner at the Halcyon in Rhiga Royal (2 blocks of Central Park, right off Broadway). Pricey, but very good. They also have an afternoon buffet in the top two floors of the hotel. Great view.