Telluride restaurants

Search

Telluride restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Telluride restaurants

We're skiing in Telluride late Feb-early Mar and are looking for restuarant recommendations. Generally, we like moderately priced (
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 01:55 PM

La Cocina de Luz is great organic Mexican and will fit into your budget. Also, Siam (Thai) is right around your budget, maybe a bit over, but is one of the best restaurants in town.
Siam doesn't take reservations so be patient as that is one of the busiest weeks of the year.
Also, Check out happy hour/apres ski deals at Excelsior (Italian) and Allred's for fine dining at low prices.
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions--we'll definitely check them out.
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 03:52 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in Telluride, most restaurant will cost you $35 for one person and that isn't even the high end places. It is a pretty expensive town. There are some small places that you can get by, but under $35 for 2, well, not so sure about that.

@telluridejazz - Allreds for fine dining at low prices?? Sorry, but you are way off on that -
http://www.tellurideskiresort.com/Te...nu11.16.10.pdf

I have a list of restaurants I'll post on here later.

{I live in the area and eat in Telluride on a fairly regular basis}
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Here is a list from chow, it is a bit dated, but pretty much every things there is about the same. {Baked in Telluride closed after a fire, they may have broken ground, not sure if they are open yet}

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/588951

Telluride is a very expensive town; all the food has to be trucked in and it is a bit tricky to do that - especially in winter. Lift tickets are just shy of $100/adult. A burger and beer on the slopes will run you $15.

Durango is much more reasonable, all around.

Where are you staying? Will you have cooking facilities? There are 2 main markets [1 in Mountain Village by the tram and 1 just as you enter town on the right] that have great food but again, very high priced.
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

We're staying in a condo (with a full kitchen) at Bear Creek Lodge. We're with a group, and I believe we'll make a grocery stop between the Montrose airport and Telluride. We pack a lunch to eat on the hill, so food there isn't an issue. Not that I would chose a burger and a beer for lunch, but $15 for that is pretty standard at a US ski resoprt.

Travelling with a group is a great way to lower costs. For example, our package includes a 5 day lift ticket, but we'll be there for 6 days, and to extend the lift ticket for another day is only $46. On Telluride's website, a 6 day ticket is $81/day.
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 05:45 AM

I was just using lunch cost on the slope as a means to say that you are looking to spend $17.50 a person for dinner in restaurants.

And of course, a multi-day ticket works out to a lower per day rate; again I was just trying to indicate the costs of Telluride.

Hope you have a great time. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 02:16 PM

Allred's Apres Ski menu is great and is really fine dining at a great price. It's not publicized... kind of like a local's secret, just like the Excelsior deal. Have fun!