Teenager in Chicago

Old Aug 20th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teenager in Chicago

In about two months, my niece will be coming to Chicago with us. She has never been to Chicago previously, but we have. Also, we are not staying in the city, but in a close suburb. I was thinking of taking her to Blue Man Group. Can anyone else recommend good sites for a teenager. She is bored easily! My niece also likes to shop, loves sports, and is not one for museums. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Note: Sadly, the cubs will not have a game when she is visiting. I was also thinking of taking her to a concert. Any ideas? Thanks again.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 11:02 AM

Which suburb will you be in since that would make a difference on my suggestions?
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

I am not exactly sure of its name. However, it is approximately 15-20 minutes away from the Loop. We plan to spend little time in the 'burbs, if any time at all. Plus, we are renting a car, so we're willing to do any and all driving!
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 11:31 AM

Blue Man Group is a good choice. She will love it. If you go to www.metromix.com, you can put in the dates when you will be here to see what concerts will be here. Maybe there will be something at House of Blues which would be fun. You might also want to check out the Gospel Brunch at House of Blues on Sundays. As far as shopping, I am sure she would love to check out the shops along north Michigan Avenue including Water Tower Place and 900 N. Michigan Avenue shops. There is also Woodfield Mall which is in Schaumburg (a northwest suburb) that is huge. She might like to have lunch at ESPN Zone if she likes sports. Maybe she would enjoy a spa day.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 11:39 AM

Well, if you're in the western suburbs, I'd suggest Oak Brook Center Mall, Drury Lane Theater, Chicago Fire soccer if they are still playing. If you're going to be north, you might be able to snap some tickets to a Northwestern U football game (I know that 'football and Northwestern aren't synomous); or try to get tickets to a Bear's game at the last minute. Blue Man Group would be good as would Second City and they also have a suburban location.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 12:05 PM

Second City is great for high schoolers. The whole area in Lincoln Park has lots of cool shops and restaurants and may merit a day of just roaming around. You can also try a Sox game or a Chicago Fire game-metromix should have links or just do a search.