Reload this Page >

Taking a friend up to Boston for 1st visit-

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 12:06 PM
Randy

what sites should we NOT miss......and would you dine at no-name?

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 12:48 PM
betsy

Randy--there are TONS of things to see and do in Boston, so please post your interests here so we can further help you. As far as the No-Name is concerned, it has no-frills atmosphere, and the seafood is good and pretty inexpensive and takes CASH only. You sit at long tables w/folding chairs and drink out of plastic cups. I would definatly recommend it if you are looking for a casual, inexpensive seafood dinner, certainly NOT a fine dining experience! Hope this helps!

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 01:12 PM
Dawn

I wouldn't miss the Public Gardens (even in fall and winter), Louisburg Sq. on Beacon Hill, or Harvard Sq.

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 04:58 PM
Randy

Thanks Nancy for info on no-name.I'd like to visit the State House and I hear the warf is a good place to check out.Me and a buddy are going to check out a sportsbar behind Fenway and watch the UGA/Auburn game..last time for me in the city was 1990.......Can you buy a one/two day pass for the "T"?

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 07:13 PM
betsy

Randy--For "T" info, check out www.mbta.com You can buy visitor's passes-A one day pass is $6. Fanieul Hall/Quincy Market is probably what you are thinking as the "wharf". It's a shopping/dining/entertainment complex. There are plenty of bars by Fenway-Cask
'N Flagon, Boston Beer Works, Who's on First, Boston Billiards, Jillians etc. If you're interested in US History, walk the Freedom Trail. It starts right near the state house. Have a great time!

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 07:22 PM
Randy

Thanks for your help Betsy,esp MBTA link.Tomorrow's weather does'nt look great-we're going anyway...will post Mon review of the trip-thks again!