Tahoe Boating

Jul 16th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Gene

Tahoe Boating

On the news they showed that Lake Tahoe is very low. I'm planning on taking my 20' ski boat to Kings Beach this weekend for a week (July 21st). Can anyone tell me if the public boat launches are open between Kings Beach and Homewood or should I leave my boat at home? Thank you in advance.

Jul 17th, 2002, 08:30 AM
gail

Hey neighbor...check out boattahoe.com for the specific limitations for each launch. We have never pulled the boat out of Petaluma to lug it up to Tahoe. Please post a report if you decide to tow. (gailatsebastopol).

Jul 17th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Suzie

Don't leave your boat at home! You'll find a place to launch. It's been much lower before and we launched just fine. Obexers is good in Homewood. ($15 in and out) Lake Forest in Tahoe City can be tricky if it's windy but it's free except for parking.

You can go as far as Meeks Bay too for a launch if you need to.

Jul 17th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Gene

Thanks Suzie. We will take our boat, it's too much fun to leave in the driveway.

Jul 18th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Gene

Gail, thanks for the GREAT site "boattahoe.com". It's very informative. My F250 has pulled my tandem trailer up I-80 (not U.S.50) every year with no problem. As much as I like Lake Sonoma there is something special about Emerald Bay or Sand Harbor. Before my F250, my F150 straight six had no problem with the tow either. I was in 3rd gear up the climb in that truck. It's worth haul if you have a place to park your trailered boat.