SUV or premium car in Hawaii

Jun 26th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

SUV or premium car in Hawaii

We planned our trip to Hawaii almost a year ago and at the time I booked the lowest available rates for vehicles for our three island itinerary. Over the months comparing with emerging prices, they are still the best rates I could get. I was considering however, trying to bid on price line to see if I could even do better. Any thoughts on what the winning bids have been on a premium car or SUV. There are five of us.
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:15 PM

Dawn,
Don't know about pricline, but there was a post last week in which someone shared that they had recieved a great rate with Alamo. The rate code is 6T. Some sort of special summer rate for Hawaii. We used it and got a rate that was $100.00 less than what we had gotten through sidestep with Budget. Worth a try maybe.
-Bill
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Hi Bill, I saw that post at the time and tried that code and it was still at least $100 more than what I am paying now. I have a great rate and the only way I can see of beating it is through priceline.
Jun 27th, 2004, 08:29 AM

If you go to biddingfortravel.com, and scroll down the page to car rentals/Hawaii, there are listings of what successful bids there have been on Hawaii through Priceline. I spent a long time checking out rates and ended up with very low rates through Travelocity for October 2004 (3 islands), but on one of the islands, I beat my low price by quite a bit through Priceline. The other two islands I have not yet been able to get a better rate.
Jun 27th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Pinnicle, I did that and I submitted some bids today. Didn't get any. Right now for HNL I am paying $68 per day for three days, including taxes and fees. On Maui, I am closer to $50. All rates are for a full sized SUV.