Superferry drops Kauai route.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read a little news wire blurb in the San Jose Mercury that stated Superferry officials made the decision not to resume service to Kauai. This was after a public meeting last week in which Governor Lingle tried to furhter sell the project to island residents.

Do any of the Kauai resident Fodorites wish to tell us more? I know one said she was planning on going to the meeting.

Mahalo
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 08:27 AM

The official statement in yesterday's Honolulu Star-Bulletin was "service suspended indefinitely". Wu-huuuuu!!!! 8-)

Here's the news article:
http://starbulletin.com/2007/09/22/news/story01.html
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 08:54 AM
kealalani

I found Lingles quote telling. I think Dusty may have just cause in his claims. I do however think the statement "indefinitely" is misleading.

Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 01:36 PM

iamq, i went last wed. and it was hippies from h3LL, singing outside the center with bongos and they were dancing! all had B/O. i wanted shoot to them! one lady came up singing and danced asked if i was for or against the superferry, i told her to stay the f*** away from me. her stench was unbearable.

once inside, they were unruly and wouldn't let the poor lady speak. i felt bad for her actually. i already knew she was not there to address environmental concerns whatsoever, she was only there to talk about the increase in security. even the families from superferry were badmouthed (children present) in an awful way. while i have hippie friends, if any of them were there acting a fool, i'd disown them.
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

kauai_aka,
Yeah, I read that it was a pretty hostile audience, sounds like something from the twilight zone. Nothing worse than rude people AND bad body odor! Sort of reminds me of the time I watched Farenheit 911 at the little theater in Kilauea. Yikes! Body odor, hostility and pot smoke!
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
kealalani

Aloha aka! Thanks for weighing in with some upclose and stinky reporting - gddamned hippie freaks! Remember Liz Taylors brother and his commune shennanigans? Staaannky!

Sad to here about the behavior of some. It really is unecessary to protest with poor behavior and speaking skills and hygiene.

I can understand both sides of the argument regarding the SF. I cannot understand poor hygiene and unjustified rudeness.

Aloooooha

Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 04:00 PM

LOL iamq/kealalani - i'd take pot smoke over b/o anyday.

Old Sep 24th, 2007, 12:30 AM

Did anyone see Augie T's spoof on the whole issue on the KHON morning news on Friday? He brought out "Da Supah Raft." I was laughing out loud!

The protesters' outrageous behavior is just too embarrassing. I only see them on TV, but if I had experienced the b.o. in person and the full effect of all their craziness, that would have done me in.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 12:42 AM

We all know that "Loose Lips Sink Ships" but who knew that B/O is just as effective?