Super 8 in Atlanta DT

Search

Super 8 in Atlanta DT

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super 8 in Atlanta DT

Can somebody tell me something about the location of the Super 8 hotel in Atlanta. Hubby going for a bridge tournament, and would rather not pay the high price for the Rennaisance. Could he walk from Super 8 to Ren in the daytime? Is it unsafe around there at night?
Thanks,
Vera
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 12:47 PM

No way could he walk that far unless he really, really likes to walk. Not sure that there are other discount hotels within walking distance (other than the Days Inn which is reportedly pretty nasty). And there's a notorous shelter in that neighborhood that makes it seem unsafe especially at night (unless the city has decided to do something about it since I moved away a year ago).
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. The map made it look like a doable walk, so I'm glad to have your input. Guess we'll have to try Priceline and hope he actually gets a downtown hotel instead of a mid-town one.
Vera
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 03:24 PM

There isn't another suitable hotel near the Rennaisance that would be an easy walking distance. The R is located between downtown and midtown in an area that has some marginal blocks due to the shelters and soup kitchens in that neighborhood. I wouldn't walk around that area, particularly at night. I would stay at the R. If he stays downtown or in midtown, he should plan to take cabs or Marta between hotels.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 04:55 AM

I agree he should stay at the Renaissance or take a cab from wherever he does stay. Downtown isn't a great place to wander at night if you don't know where you're going.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 05:18 AM

Priceline's not a bad idea if saving money is really important, but I'd agree with the others and advise taking a cab to/from the hotel (it won't cost much more than MARTA and will be much easier).

However, as the Rennaissance is between DT and Midtown, I'd bid Midtown first (if it's a separate area) as it's going to seem safer and it's a lot nicer neighborhood (more going on). I wouldn't bid below 4 stars in either area though.

First, I'd check the Wyndham at 10th and Peachtree. It's a decent hotel about 10 blocks from the Rennaissance and I think they have decent rates. Great location too, close to the park, restaurants and MARTA (easy access to the airport).
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all. You've been very helpful.
Vera
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 09:24 AM

I agree with Brian's choice of the Wyndham.