Notices

Sunday Brunch in Hudson, Fla

Old Sep 1st, 2004, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunday Brunch in Hudson, Fla

Going to Hudson next Easter over the holiday weekend. Looking to make reservations at a good Sunday brunch restaurant in the area. Any suggestions ?
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 01:40 PM

Funniest post of the year. Do you think KFC takes reservations for Easter this far ahead?
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 03:31 PM

Patrick,my posts seem to follow yours. Hudson must have a Denney's or Waffle House.

Just go late and call it brunch ! Yum !
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 04:29 PM

simon have you looked online?
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 04:34 PM

Although I said this was the funniest post of the year, those wanting further laughs should click on simonholden's name above and check out the handful of other posts he's done. The one about wanting to buy property in an obscure town in Turkey because he'd never been there is a favorite.

By the way, if you Google Hudson, Florida, you'll also get a good laugh. Population of something like 12,000 with way above average age and way below average education level among other things.

I think they were going to build a Denny's but couldn't figure out where to put the apostrophe or how to spell it, that's why they did the KFC instead.
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 06:10 PM

Simonholden, I'm sure there are lots of places along US 19. After all, this is not exactly an unpopulated area.

You also should post on chowhound. com. There is a lot more emphasis on the obscure and undiscovered there. You might be able to get some recommendations there.

And just ignore Patrick. He's a snob.
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 08:20 PM

I may be a snob, but I'm still waiting to hear of a single restaurant in Hudson, Florida who wouldn't laugh at you if you called now and tried to book brunch for Easter Sunday. Do you know of one? One does not make a six month reservation at Denny's for example. If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but I'm totally unaware of anything even remotely fitting into this category in Hudson.

I have little doubt that simonholden was joking as he does in his other posts. Sorry, Tandoori Girl if you didn't get his joke.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:15 AM

well, simonholden, were you joking? I haven't read his other posts. I found a listing of some restaurants in Hudson but it was from 1999. The Soup to Nuts Diner had lots of raves for American style home cooking. And how about the Isaac Walton Lodge in Yankeetown?

I thought we were supposed to take everyone seriously here. Except Blacktie, of course.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:31 AM

Hudson is near Spring Hill, Florida. A dismal place if there ever was one. I believe that this area is going to get huge redevelopment with new retirement areas for baby boomers. It's not my kind of mausoleum, however.

Restaurant scene is non-existent. Red Lobster is the top spot for locals.

If this is serious, I'd look at Tarpon Springs. Route 19 is a wall of mostly mediocre and worse restaurants. We used to drive up there frequently to visit my father in law. LMF
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:36 AM

Don't give up. There is a fabulous restaurant in Yankeetown. It has won the coveted Golden Spoon. But it is quite pricey. The Compleat Angler. Yankeetown used to be quite a sleeper but it's quaint charm has brought out the big bucks in the past ten years. Great little place.

http://www.floridatrend.com/great_re...ew.asp?id=3509
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:48 AM

This are is booming. Lots of retirees up there. And lots of younger people buying up Withlacoochee, Yankeetown, Inglis. I hear Crystal Beach is hopping. And Steinhatchee built that resort on the river there. Disney employees retreat there, I heard.

Not your daddy's Springhill anymore.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:53 AM

Have you been to the Compleat Angler, TG? That Golden Spoon must be given for longevity!

Our last time in Spring Hill was 2001. Were planning to drive by there if we had evacuated your direction. LMF
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:30 AM

The prices are $60 per meal. In Yankeetown? I think this is part of that Ralph Lauren/hunting-is-chic movement. I drove through Yankeetown last year and there were more than a few clapboard homes going up in the woods. Really nice homes, completely surrounded by native vegetation, they didn't cut down the wonderful woods. The homes were in the 600,000's.

I shy away from places that advertise oysters rockefeller, even though I love them. Makes me wonder how much imagination goes into their cooking.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:32 AM

You know, LMF, it looks like this storm is going to spare you. I just saw a map of all the predicted routes of the storm and only one of them was going south. I'll be hoping the best for you.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 05:22 AM

Tandoori Girl, I'm so sorry you thought I was being a snob with my answers. As I mentioned above you should look at the few other postings by simonholden. In addition to the one about buying Turkish real estate because he's never been there, his one about being in Orlando for a week and considering doing a day trip to New York City is "interesting" as well.

Now if we are to assume he's serious about this, ask yourself, seriously, how many of the places in that area will really take a reservation in September for March? And why?

Meanwhile, we await another appearance by simonholden.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 05:55 AM

Patrick, you're probably right on. He's maybe a goofball. I'm a little dense about this stuff. I'm sort of like Blacktie in so much as I sometimes just say things w/o thinking, like you're a snob, so let me apologize for that. Maybe I should have said you were Denny's-challenged. Or Hudson-challenged. Heehee.

Oh, Simonholden???? You out there?