Sundance Resort Utah

Search

Sundance Resort Utah

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sundance Resort Utah

We are thinking of driving from San Diego to Park City Utah to stay at the Sundance Resort. Has anyone been there, do you recommend it for great relaxation and kid camp?
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Calamari, how are you?

I can't help you, but I am thinking of going there for peace and relaxation, so I'll be interested to hear what others say.
Old May 27th, 2006, 04:21 AM

Hi Calamari,

DH and I have been twice--winter and summer...we dream of going back each year but something else always comes up! Relaxing? Yes! It's whatever you want it to be--we enjoyed a lovely, relaxing three day weekend in the summer--there are great trails at the resort for hiking and horse back riding. We don't have children so I can't help you with camp but given our positive experiences at the resort I would try it if we did. In the winter the resort was busier with day traffic because of the ski lift. When we do return it will be in the summer--for us, it was the most beautiful and relaxing time to be there. The food at the resort was wonderful, too--we found no reason to leave! I hope this helps you.
Old May 27th, 2006, 08:08 AM

HI Calamari,

I learned to ski at Sundance and now live in Park City. Sundance is actually in Provo Canyon, about a 20 minute drive from downtown Provo, about a 45 minute drive from Park City.

It's one of the most beautiful places in the world - winter, summer, spring or fall. Lots of hiking, mountain biking, summer theater productions and concerts at the small, outdoor amphitheater. Food is some of the best in Utah, but not cheap and res are required.

No night life. Can't say about the kids camp as I don't have kids. Great spa services.

Have fun! The wildflowers will be gorgeous.
Old May 27th, 2006, 08:22 AM

We have a summer-week timeshare at Snowbird, in the mountains between Park City and Sundance. We use the week for a family reunion every summer and love the time we spend there---hiking, swimming, tennis, etc. The Wasatch Mountains are beautiful, rugged, and green---as Dayle says, one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your input. I think we will drive from San Diego. Hey Barbara - thanks for checking in on my post. All is well, kids are driving me nuts and DH is staying healthy for now.
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:51 AM

From my experiences Sundance is the most laid back and isolated resort in the area. Its more like a high end mom and pop run resort with lots of forrest and trails.