summer week in Vail

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
summer week in Vail

I am planning a family vacation in Vail this July. I would appreciate recommendations of communities/towns in the area where I might find a 4-bedroom house for a week. While I'm not looking for the ultimate in luxury, it would be nice to have some space for 3 kids to play and a hot tub for the grandparents. Also important is proximity to restaurants and shopping.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:31 AM

first you will love Vail in summer! take a look at www.vrbo.com and www.vailnet.com they both have tons of listings. Your best bet will be to stay in Vail near the Village, Lionshead or west Vail. There is free shuttle that will take you around also a great Bike path. If you are close enough to Lionshead or the Village you really will not need your car. alos look at www.snow.com for events that happen in summer. Vailnet.com has that too.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:35 PM

go to vrbo.com that is the best site for finding houses for 1 week or more.
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:31 AM

Will you have a car? If so, we prefer the Eagle-Vail area. This is located between Beaver Creek/Avon and Vail and is a very quick drive to either location. Mostly duplex properties and single family homes with some condos. We rent a four bedroom house there each summer and have used both VRBO.com and vailnet.com as well as Prudential Gore Range Properties. We like staying on the golf course in Eagle-Vail because you usually have more yard space for sitting out on the deck and enjoying the beautiful weather. This area is residential and most the streets are rather flat (as long as you're not on Whiskey Hill) and this is great for the kids to ride bikes if you are bringing them or renting them. You would need a car in Eagle-Vail because there is no shopping or restaurants within walking distance.
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 06:10 PM

Has anyone stayed in the Marriott Streamside villas in Vail?? Would you recommend one over the others?? We are going there in the summer and like to play golf.,,...is Vail better or Beaver Creek?? We are not bringing young children....