summer weather in St. Louis?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know it can be very hot and humid in St. Louis in the summer, but my question to you St. Louis experts out there is....if you were going there in the summer(mainly for the Cardinal ballgames) would there be any difference going at the end of June as opposed to the last week of August, pertaining to the weather? I thought maybe the last week of August looked like a little better chance of not quite so hot weather according to some weather stats I was looking at on the computer? but thought I would get some people's opinions who have been there before. We have never been there before and are planning a trip for next summer. Thanks for your ideas.

p.s.- the reason it has to be before september is I work at a school and will have to be back for the start of school
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live about 90 miles south of St Louis, I think I'd pick June instead of August. August can be particularly nasty.

I'd also suggest night games if at all possible.

Also the way the stadium is oriented, first base side seems to be in more sun in the later afternoon.

We went last year to a night game and sat on the right field side low and frankly I don't think i could have done it for an afternoon game.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 02:25 PM

I went to an afternoon game in August a few years ago and it was deadly hot and humid, so much so that my daughter and I left.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 08:55 PM

I live in central MO and I also would opt for late June rather than late Aug. But at either time it could be very hot and humid.
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:04 AM

The humidity in Missouri is what kills you--not the temps. Late June will be much better than August. We're fairly outdoorsy people who used to live in central MO, and during July and August we'd leave the air conditioning to swim, and that was about it.
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:20 AM

Agreed with the above; it's the humidity that's torture. I live in St. Louis my entire life before moving to Charlotte a few years ago and I sometimes forget how bad the humidity is until I go back for visits in the summer. I would definitely aim for late June, and an evening game if possible.

Tracy
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 03:49 PM

For a day game in summer in St. Louis, heat and humidity and sun can gang up on you to create a challenging experience. The time I went to a day game there, it was 99 degrees, heavy humidity, and blazing sun, and I regretted my choice of a bleacher seat mightily. Would strongly urge sitting in the shade or hitting a night game in June, July, or August, if possible.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 10:17 AM

This year, we had our hottest week around the end of June. Honestly, the end of June or the end of August would have about an equal chance of being miserable. Definitely go to a night game and if you can sit on the 3B side, you'll have no hot sun beating down.