Reload this Page >

Suite hotel in Seattle

Search

Suite hotel in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 09:13 AM
Leslie

Suite hotel in Seattle

We will be in Seattle Memorial Weekend with 2 teenage sons. We dont want to get 2 rooms and would like a recommendation for a nice suite hotel in a central location. How is the Summerfield Suites? Also, would teenagers like Victoria? San Juan Island? We only have 4 days. Thanks.

Old Apr 4th, 1999, 10:00 PM
Lou

Have stayed at the Park Plaza Suites Hotel downtown Seattle and was very impressed. Belongs to the West Coast Hotel chain and rates were moderate. Adjacent to the Convention Center next to the freeway. The San Juan Islands would be good for scenery, however Victoria would be best for both scenery and activities. I personally prefer Victoria. (Lots to do.)

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 09:32 PM
sheri

Summerfield Suites is the same as Plaza Park Suites (recent name/management change, but still a good place for families). I have a preferred rate there for my clients if you'd like to email me.

Of course, every kid's different, but I can't imagine many teenage boys enjoying Victoria unless they are into gardens, antiques and high tea! There is a very good museum there, if they are into natural history, but they'd probably enjoy staying Seattle (and hanging at Gameworks, if you let them!)alot more. If they'd enjoy a whale watching trip, then take the Victoria clipper day trip to the San Juans (it includes a whale watching trip).

Old Apr 18th, 1999, 05:13 AM
Alix

We like the hotel monaco. it is right down town, great rooms, starbucks next door, and the bring you a goldfish in your room!

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 09:14 AM
Brandon

Hi Leslie,

About whether or not teen-agers like Victoria and the Puget Sound Islands, it depends on what your children like. You know your children better than I, so ask them if they are interested in visiting the most wild, remote, and scenic islands on the west coast, or if they like island hopping to small towns and artistic enclaves, or if they like quaint little British seaside towns with splendid scenery, restaurants, shops, and parkspaces. There is a lot of recreation available in the San Juans and Vancouver Island. Consider mountain biking up Mt. Constantine on Orcas Island or across the fields of San Juan or Lopez. Also, this is a fun thing to do on the Saanich peninsula north of the Victoria urban area. You can easily take bikes onto the ferry.

Brandon

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 09:18 AM
Brandon

Hi Leslie,

About whether or not teen-agers like Victoria and the Puget Sound Islands, it depends on what your children like. You know your children better than I, so ask them if they are interested in visiting the most wild, remote, and scenic islands on the west coast, or if they like island hopping to small towns and artistic enclaves, or if they like quaint little British seaside towns with splendid scenery, restaurants, shops, and parkspaces. There is a lot of recreation available in the San Juans and Vancouver Island. Consider mountain biking up Mt. Constantine on Orcas Island or across the fields of San Juan or Lopez. Also, this is a fun thing to do on the Saanich peninsula north of the Victoria urban area. You can easily take bikes onto the ferry. Also, consider kayaking or taking some kind of pleasure craft through the channels of the north Sound and the Strait of Georgia to the San Juans and Gulf Islands. There are tiny little islets that are all state park land, such as Sucia, Stuart, Spieden, and Waldron Islands that are only accessible by boat. You may even see an orca on your excursion. These islands are very remote, undeveloped, thickly forested (except for Spieden), and actually have some large-game wildlife (such as deer, not bear) on them. There are tiny little coves for the boats to enter and anchor, and nearby island towns that are too quaint to pass up. If your children like sports or recreation, the Islands would be perfect.

Brandon