Search

Suite hotel in DC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suite hotel in DC

We will be staying with our 3 children in Washington DC between Christmas and New Years. Since we are 5 people, we need a suite. I checked the Embassy Suites and they have two locations: one in downtown and the other one by the convention center. Are those locations safe and convenient? What other option would you recommend.

Thanks,

Clau
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 09:40 AM

The Residence Inn at Dupont Circle is in a great neighborhood and offers all the features of an Embassy.
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 10:06 AM

"Are those locations safe and convenient?"

Yes. Is the "downtown" one on 22nd St? I would say that is more between Dupont Circle and Georgetown.
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 10:13 AM

Even the Embassy Suites in Chevy Chase would be just fine since it's literally on top of the Friendship Heights Metro station and is attached to a mall with handy stores and restaurants. Their corner suites are especially big.
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 10:23 AM

We stayed last year on a post Christmas trip and stayed at the Embassy Suites at Dupont Circle.
I would slightly disagree with the post saying Res. Inn is comparable. The rooms are somewhat similar but Embassy offers a far superior morning breakfast (incl. in rate) and also does a very good afternoon "reception" with beer/wine and snacks. The breakfast is a buffet style with cooked to order omelets and with kids it will save a tone of $$. Res. Inn does have a breakfast but no where as good imho---basically, if rates are similar I'd go with Embassy Suites.
Also, the location is quite safe. We did a lot of walking and never felt threatened.
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 10:27 AM

The location near the Convention Center is less than a year old and quite safe (Embassy Suites is not going to build a hotel in an unsafe neighborhood). It's in a "hot" neighborhood and convenient.
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 05:34 PM

We stayed several years ago at the Embassy Suites location near Dupont Circle, I think it's on 22nd St., and found it to be a great spot for families. There are two sleeping areas which was fine for our family of 5. The breakfast is as described by other posters, a full breakfast and the evening "happy hour" is also nice. We were just a few blocks from the subway system. It's an easy walk.