Suggestions for Law School Tour

Feb 13th, 2003, 02:26 AM
Original Poster

Suggestions for Law School Tour

After looking around at Fodors and other online resources, I'm curious to know what the posters think in regards to a trip I am taking in March. I'm applying to law school and visiting friends in transit. I will be visiting North Carolina, Minneapolis, Washington DC, Boston, and Nashville in that order. My flight and accomodations are taken care of, but in terms of sightseeing, local tips, and the occaisional restaurant is the information I am seeking.
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:07 AM

I am considering a similar tour in the summer except my grad school choices are out west. You should probably repost questions on specific schools to get better answers on the neighborhoods though.
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:39 AM

ARe you just looking to sightsee, now, as part of your tour? Or are you thinking that a city's sight will impact your decsion on where to attend?

As a one(1) L, I don't think you will have much time outside of school. Besides, some excellent schools are in less than desirable neighborhoods.
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Original Poster

Dick- I'm going to want to get a feel for the place to know what to expect. I recognize that I won't have to be engaged in the city while a 1L, but because I am going out there, I will have to keep myself busy while in school.
Feb 20th, 2003, 10:03 AM

Why not talk with students when you are at each Law School? Ask about what places THEY frequent in those few off hours. It'll be kind of like getting a personalized mini-guide for each place you visit.

BTW rumor has it that Chapel Hill is a way more interesting area than Winston-Salem.

Search this Thread