Suggestions for Hotels in Washington DC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be travelling to Washington DC with my 8yo son in late October. Our main interests are the museums. Convenience, and saftey are a must and we don't want to spend more than 300 per night.
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 12:59 PM

When we went to DC we stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown-Washington. I believe it is on 14th St. It was only about 2 blocks to the Metro station (subway) and once on the subway you can visit all the landmarks. It was a nice hotel that we had for about $170. a night, very clean, very safe and great friendly service. We hopped on and off the Metro and visited all the landmarks while I was 5 months pregnant and it was in July (very hot & humid), so I would highly recomend this hotel...as it is close to subway and restaurants. If and when we go back I will stay there again. If going soon, they have a great rooftop pool with nice views.
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 01:14 PM

courtyard marriott convention center, good location and has a pool (indoor)
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 10:49 PM

Just got back from D.C. with my 9 yr. old and we loved our stay at the Madison Hotel. We got a rate of $229 for the movie escape package from the leading hotels of the world website. Great deal, we received a wonderful room with two queen beds with fabulous linens, valet parking, breakfast every day (either in the restaurant or via room service (that alone was worth $40 a day), cocktails and appetizers for two and a free movie every night with my daughter's choice of movie snack-homemade cookies and milk, cotton candy and drinks or popcorn and drinks. A real deal at $229. Hotel is 3 blocks to metro in a safe area and service is number one there. We had a perfect stay. My child loved the spy museum and archives. hope this is helpful, itsv.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:33 PM

I would recommend that you try to stay a little further downtown and closer to the Mall. If weather permits, you might as well walk.

If you get lucky and can get a good rate, you might be able to get into the Intercontinental Willard. If you get something here under $300, I would say take it - end of conversation. 2 block walk to the Mall. Gorgeous, historic, 1st class hotel.

JW Marriott and Hotel Monaco are also a short walk to the Mall. Again these are nicer hotels and may be more than $300, but I'd check. DC rates really depend on the week or weekend.

My favorite downtown "budget" hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn on 14th St. Still will probably cost you over $150. But only a few more blocks up the street from some of the above.

All of the above are safe.

Enjoy!