Sugar Maple Cabins in Pigeon Forge

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Sugar Maple Cabins in Pigeon Forge

Does anyone have any experience with the Sugar Maple Cabins in Pigeon Forge? I am planning a trip the end of July and the website looks good. I really do not want to be disappointed because I am taking my parents and they have not taken a vacation for some time. A beautiful view of the smokey mountains is very important to me.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 09:20 AM

We just came back from a 3 day trip to Smokey Mountain National Park and had rented a Sugar Maple Cabin in Pigein Forge.

The view from the cabins is very nice. The mountains indeed look smokey. The cabin themselves are neat, clean, and comfortable but not very soundproof. We had a hot tub, that was well used especially in the mornings. We were three families with 3 kids, so the noise and light became a factor for us. Any noise from TV, kitchen, pool table etc at the 1st floor could be heard on the 3rd floor and vice versa. The cabins advertize that they sleep 10 or 12 but really have only one true "bedroom" with a door. The master bedroom is the entire top floor but has no door that you can shut, so noise became a problem for us. The other issue was that the cabins are a good 20-30 minutes away from the main route and from the park entrance and the entire drive is pretty hilly. From the park entrance it is another 20-40 minutes to key places in the park. Since we wanted to hike at the park daily, the amount of driving became an issue for us. It seemed we were spending too much time in the car. Next time we would probably stay at a realy nice hotel/motel in Gatlinburg which is right at the entrance of the park. Besides, Gatlinburg is the touristy place (kinda like Virginia beach, mini las vegas). If you plan to stay in the cabin away from the crowds, and just relax, don't want too much commercial, don't plan to spend a lot of time in the park, then pigeon Forge is best. If you want nice accomodations and access to commercial touristy place with all the hustle and bustle then Gatlinburg is nicer.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 10:04 PM

My husband and I just booked a cabin with Sugar Maple Cabins in Pigeon Forge but now I'm not sure after finding an unsatisfactory report from the Knoxville BBB on them... and I also found a website online from a man who had stayed in in on of their cabins, but it hadn't been cleaned at all before he arrived. =-\
So I don't know what to think...

I was hoping to get some more people who have heard of them in the Pigeon Forge area, or have actually stayed at the cabins and had good experiences...
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 05:25 AM
iceeu2

Wish I could help you all out with Sugar Mountain Cabins, but since I can't I will suggest you take a look at these cabins

oakhavenresort.com...........these are by far my favorite...clean, comfortable, great amenities, king sized beds, wrap around porches and screened in porches with a hot tub..jacuzzi....just wonderful...out in Sevierville, away from things. Take a look at the website. The cabins are more beautiful than the photos.

Another place is hiddenmountain.com
There are 2 locations and one of the locations is right behind the Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge...However, the resort itself is hidden and you would never know you are right off the main parkway. We have only stayed in the villas at Hidden Mountain, but a friend has stayed in the cabins and liked them also.

We are going up tonight to see Ricky VanShelton at the Country Tonite theatre, so I will make a conscious effort to see where Sugar Maple Cabins are and scope out any other new places and report back to you on Monday. We are staying at Laurel Crest Resort, but you can't always count on a beautiful view from there.

Seriously, if you don't want to be disappointed check out Oak Haven.

Old Aug 6th, 2004, 09:14 PM

Thank you very much for replying! I appreciate your answer, and for you checking out Sugar Maple Cabins if you get a chance. Unfortunately, we already have our reseravtion for this trip and can't cancel, but I will remember the places you told me for our future trips to TN.
My family and I have been going to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area to vacation ever since I was about 12 years old, I love it down there!
My husband and rented our first 2 cabins with Mountain Valley Properties (on our 1st 2 trips) but I think they either got bought out or went out of business, because their website is now ResortQuest TN cabins.

I would love to hear from any one who might be vacationing in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg around the same time we are, Aug. 31- Sept. 4.