Reload this Page >

Subway and directions to Grimaldi's

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:40 AM
tcooper

After my family tours Ellis Island,we would like to (instead of walking- too far for a 7 year old across and back I think) take the subway or cab to go across the Brooklyn Bridge to have lunch at Grimald's. Which is best? a cab or the subway? If we do the subway, which one should we take from Battery Park? Does it put you close to Grimaldi's on the Brooklyn side? First timers here! Can you tell? Thanks for all of your help!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 12:00 PM
ohara

You obviously have access to the internet so why don't you do some researching? don't be a princess.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Nancy

Ugh, that wasn't nice at all Ohara. Tcooper, I was in that area last weekend and the people in this MB have been so helpful so I'd like to return the favor. I maybe be wrong here since I'm from Philly but with a 7 yr old in tow, a cab ride would probably be better. It's right under the bridge (loooong line outside) and a stone's throw away from the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory, the best ice cream in the world. Your 7 yr old kid would looove that. Enjoy!!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Dave

tcooper,

There is no Subway line that go across Brooklyn Bridge. There are several Subway lines that go from Manhattan to Brooklyn via the tunnel. You can ride the W train across Manhattan Bridge to Brooklyn. It offer a nice view of the Brooklyn Bridge since the Manhattan Bridge is parallel to the Brooklyn Bridge.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:36 PM
tcooper

Thanks Nancy and Dave for your replies. Contrary to ohara's opinion, I have been researching, but I wanted opinions as well as information. Thank goodness there are still some kind people out there willing to help and hopefully make vacation decisions a little easier.
Isn't that what these boards are about?

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:22 PM
RQF

If everyone followed O'Hara's advice there would be no need for this travel forum.

To answer your qustion - if you want to take the subway walk up Broadway to Fulton St. Enter the subway and follow the signs to the A or C train. Take an A or C going to Brooklyn and get off at HIgh St. (first stop in Brookly. From there it is a short walk to Grimaldi's. A taxi would certainly be more convenient.