Reload this Page >

Subway A from Manhattan to JFK Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 02:07 AM
Armstrong Wong

Is it practical to haul 30-lb luggage together with two kids under 5 to take the subway all the way from Manhattan to JFK Airport? Do most MTA entrance allow trolley access? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Sincerely,
Armstrong Wong
Hong Kong

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 03:23 AM
Anthony

The NYC Subway is presently not set-up for pratical transportation to/fromthe airport.
You have to take a NYC bus to the subway station, and there are stairs to negotiate, and although there are gates you can 'ask' to be opened, to is still a hassle, not to mention a VERY long ride.
( Actually, there is a new system being built as we speak, called the 'Airtrain' that is a dedicated system startingfrom JFK ending at the Jamaica, Queens stop of the Long Island railroad, but that system won't be finished untill 2002)
My suggestion would be a taxi at a flatrate of $30/ride.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 04:02 AM
John

Anthony is absolutely correct. I took the A Train last year to JFK and it was miserable enough for a 30-year old male traveling alone. Splurge for the cab.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 04:36 AM
Armstrong Wong

Hi Anthony & John,

Thanks for your valuable advice. If a 30-year old gentleman traveling alone still finds the subway trip miserable, I should take taxi for the safety of my two kids. BTW, the taxi option turns out to be cheaper than taking Greyline shuttle bus because they charge by head while children are charged at full adult fare.

Armstrong Wong
Hong Kong

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 01:35 PM
troll

Old Dec 30th, 2000, 08:58 AM
to