Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

How is the Kauai Coconut Beach resort???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 06:53 AM
Mike

Message: Any thoughts about how this resort is. My soon to be wife and I are going to Kauai for our Honeymoon... and were wondering about the quality of this resort. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 08:13 AM
kal

aloha...i'd rate the hotel about 1.5-2 stars...it's not the hyatt, marriott, sheraton but it's more "local" than they are and less pricey..while we've never been in the rooms, we have had some good meals at the flying lobster restaurant/seafood /prime rib buffett and a nice bar... nicely maintained grounds and they had hula demos and hawaiian entertainment the many times we walked up there. i think they also have a luau a few times a week...not a good swimming beach but the pool is nice...and you can always drive to lydgate or donkey beach...you're also only about 30 mins from poipu/princeville and about 45-1hr to the west side...the location is within walking distance to some good restaurants...bullshed,kintaros,mema's,
hong kong cafe, cafe coco, pacific cafe,noe's,eggeberts,aloha pizza, buzz's,margarita's, panda's. the coconut marketplace is nearby for shopping, lappert's ice cream, etc..a safeway and a foodland are located w/in walking dist, too..the only "downside" to this location (we usually stay at the islander on the beach, a few properties down from you- with one heck of a mai tai from karen or tom at the pool bar!)is the traffic during "rush hour". the few stop lights on the island are located right here so traffic gets backed up...but..hey i'd rather be stuck in traffic on kauai
than moving along at 65mph on the way to work in calif.!! enjoy the scenery, especially the sleepig giant mtn range.
if you have an appt anywhere, you may wish to allow for traffic during that period!
enjoy and mahalo, kal

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 12:24 PM
James

Mike,

If you are happy staying at Days Inn and Quality Inn here at home, then you might not mind the Coconut Beach Resort. I'd want better for my honeymoon, though. What about the Hanalei Bay Rsort on Princeville or the Embassy Suites or Sheraton in Poipu? And I'd say the same about the Royal Lahaina (saw your other thread about Maui) - you could do much better for a honeymoon!

Good luck!

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 06:39 PM
Mike

Thanks kal and James for the responses. My fiance and I are definitely going to not stay at this hotel, does not sound like a place I want to stay at ...especially for a honeymoon. Thanks Again.

Old Mar 9th, 2000, 06:58 AM
Lani

Mike,

If you want to have a wonderful, tropical, upscale honeymoon without spending a fortune, stay at Renaissance Wailea or Outrigger Wailea on Maui and Hanalei Bay Resort (or maybe Embassy Suites at Poipu) on Kauai, with an Entertainment Card. Your rooms will be half-price unless you go in the highest season, and you'll feel like you're definitely in paradise!

Good luck!

Old Dec 23rd, 2000, 11:06 AM
David

Where can I get the Entertainment Card? Where can I find out about these other hotes (Embassey Suites in Poipu, or the Hanalei Bay Resort?

Merry Christmas...........David

Old Dec 30th, 2000, 10:07 AM
carla

We have been a member of entertainment for years and feel it's the best one out there to belong to. 1-800-926-0565 or E-mail:[email protected] . You will also find savings on rental cars, restaurants, and bonus travel values. Hope this will help you out.