Search

Sturgis warning

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 12:44 PM
sandi

Sturgis warning

I saw this under a non-specific topic on this forum, and I think it might be better read with the Sturgis heading. Please permit my reposting of the writer's comments here:

Author: Mare ([email protected])
Date: 8/10/1999, 11:49 pm ET

Message: To all you bikers heading to the Sturgis Rally-I witnessed a 45 year old man killed today on his
way to a good time in Sturgis! Please don't let this be you!Our South Dakota roads are safe if you obey
speed limits and such-this happened right out of Sioux Falls!My prayers are with you all! Have a great and
safe time! I Have been there and know what it is all about! Have a safe trip!!

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 12:48 PM
sandi

Well, I did repost it for you Mare under sturgis, but somehow it got put here too, although I thought I stopped this send.

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 12:50 PM
sandi

now i've posted in the wrong place AGAIN... But in any event, drive carefully if you're going to Sturgis!

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 05:31 PM
judy

This is a very serious topic, so don't think I'm treating it lightly. However, when I saw the heading "Sturgis Warning", I couldn't help but think of the boy I dated when I was in college. Sturgis was his last name. Gee, wish someone had warned me!

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 07:53 PM
Mare

Thanks sandi! I think I was still in shock when I wrote last night! Appreciate it being brought up to the top of the board! Have you been to the Rally? Such a good time! I just was greiving the loss of life of that young man heading out there!