Stratosphere dress code

Search

Stratosphere dress code

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stratosphere dress code

For the last evening of my upcoming trip with some friends to Vegas, I was planning on dinner at the Stratosphere.

However, I've only just realised that there's a "Business Casual Dress" code for dinner.

While I'm happy to be in [very, if need be ;-)] smart casual, for me it's not a holiday if I have to wear a tie!

Does anyone know how strict the dress code is and whether I'd feel out of place without a jacket and tie?

Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:00 PM

I think you'll be fine in "Casual smart." that's how my friends & I dressed for dinner there.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:08 PM

Business casual dress does not include a tie, hence the word "casual". It's usually a pair of khaki's and a collared shirt (be it polo shirt or button down), no tie.

Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:10 PM

Myron, just wanted to add that you're from the UK, correct? Perhaps that's why you're unfamiliar with what constitutes business casual dress in the U.S. so no worries, no need to pack the tie!
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:15 PM

If you are able to bring up there web site there is a part that fully explains what is acceptable wear. You will be fine without a tie.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:43 PM

"smart casual" in Vegas means for ment: no shorts, no sleevless t-shirts and always some sort of shoes on, right?

RIGHT
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 04:04 PM

Not to bring up a last minute issue, and forgive me for commenting as I realized from some of the responses that you are not familiar with Las Vegas hotels, but what made you chose to spend your last evening at Stratosphere hotel?

If you just planned to hang out, have drinks or move/gawk around, there far more better hotels in the middle of the strip than Stratosphere.

Old Jun 6th, 2006, 07:18 PM

While the Stratosphere is supposed to have a great view, and the restaurant gets good reviews, I've not eaten there because of all the other choices. Look at their menu online and try to estimate what you'll spend. Compare that with other restaurants. We go to Las Vegas 2-3 times a year, and our best meals have been at the Prime Steak House and Picasso's at Bellagio. Their menus are online. They are expensive, but if I recall correctly, not that much more than the Stratosphere. They also have stunning views of "Lake Bellagio" and the fountains. If you get an early setting, you'll have a good chance of getting a table by the windows. After dinner you can walk across the street to Paris, go up the Eiffel Tower and get a similar view of the strip. Of course, my views are colored by the fact we always stay close to the Bellagio, and going to the Stratosphere adds the cost of a taxi ride.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again for all the replies. Yes, I'm from the UK so as you'll probably all know we sometimes dress a little more formally for dinner than the rest of the world, especially whenever the word "business" is involved.

I'd seen the Stratosphere web site and was concerned that if a tie was recommended then we'd be the only ones without but obviously from the replies here I needn't have worried about that!

The Stratosphere was chosen simply because we thought it'd be a great view for dining on our last night. Two friends I'm bringing with me have never been to Vegas before so I thought they'd really be excited by the view from the "Top of the World".
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 01:06 AM

IMO you'll get a much broader view of things from the Stratosphere than just that view of Steve Wynn's fake lake which, while nice, can't compare overall with a view of an entire city.