Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Still looking--Massacusetts residents, please keep eyes and ears open

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:55 AM
TM

Hi,

Thanks to all who have tried to help my family find a reasonably-priced place to stay in Central Mass this summer. We're still looking for any possibility to house/petsit in combination with a reasonable rent, for all or part of the period from July 24-August 23. We've done so in the past, and can provide references for anyone interested. We will consider any accommodations with basic cooking and sleeping facilities for four people (one adult, three children ages 11,8, and 5). Please feel free to email me directly with any possibilities/suggestions you may offer. thanks!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:03 AM
Suzy

Have you contacted the colleges and universities in the Amherst/Northampton area to see whether they will post your offer in their housing office or faculty bulletin? Many academics and students travel during the summer. Try U Mass, Smith, Mount Holyoke, Amherst, and Hampshire.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 12:38 PM
tm

I graduated from UMASS, know the Happy Valley well...I'd love to do maybe a week there, but it's a bit far for my family (ie, my kids' grandparens) to be able to see us every day. We haven't been back in four years, and my youngest doesn't remember them, so we're trying to really target the Worcester county area for most of our visit. I'm working on that week in Amherst tho...

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 01:24 PM
Suzy

Oh, guess I was confused about what you meant by"central Mass." Well, try the colleges around Worcester -- UMass medical school, Clark, etc.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 06:16 PM
curious

Did anyone try a real estate agent?

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 01:03 PM
tm

Several...the problem being that most real estate agents deal in long-term, not short-term rentals.