Search

Staying near Denali

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Clousie

Staying near Denali

Can anyone help with a suggestion of a place to stay near Denali? I've looked at a lot of places, and it seems as though they're either ultra-delux or have me wondering about their actual condition. Cabins or even B&B's are fine. I get the feeling that Healy isn't too scenic, but are there decent accommodations there or do we need to stay south?

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Alan Cleveland

Healy is a coal mining town, but the scenery is every bit as good as in the seasonal community of Denali. Both B&B and cabins are excellent options in that area. Or, you can stay with the "tourist employees" at one of the park hotels.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Kay

It's been a few years, but we stayed in cabins (Crow's Nest?) near the park entrance and they were plain, but sufficient. The tent cabins in the area were just that.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:44 AM
tommy

I stayed at Denali Windsong Lodge, just outside the park entrance. The room was a standard motel type room. Well maintained, clean, etc. Room was over $100 / night, but location is good.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Linda

We stayed in The Perch south of Denali entrance. The best dinners in Alska. Accommodations are in simple cabins but with a great view. I would stay again

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Wanda

We stayed at Healy 2 years ago at the Stampede lodge, no tv in the room, but it was clean, had a restaurant and cost $70.00. Since it is about ll miles from Denali and our tour was at 6:30, we had to leave at 5 to eat breakfast at the entrance hotel to Denali before we left.
This hotel had a buffet breakfast.
We were satisfied with it. In my opinion you go to Alaska for the scenery not a hotel room.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:51 PM
xx

We stayed at the Denali Dome Home B&B in Healy. It was great, and the Miller family was extremely helpful in helping us plan our time at Denali (and other areas of Alaska too). www.denalidomehome.com

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:55 PM
xx

We stayed IN Denali in an RV campground. After seeing the "hotels" along the roadsides, I'm glad we chose the RV.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Shawn

We stayed at "A Touch of Wilderness" B & B, which was off the beaten path (think hilly dirt roads, no lights, but still close to Denali and Healy-can't remember the exact distance but it was convenient. The place itself was decent with breakfast made to order. They kept a salt lick in the front yard so moose frequently showed up for breakfast also. You can probably find them on bedandbreakfast.com